more G-Labs products

Author Topic: adding nodes  (Read 1962 times)

October 21, 2014, 06:22:58 AM
Read 1962 times

zrang23

• Information
i have install the software, but I can only add up to 7 modules, and the rest of the z-wave switches conflict with each other, if I turn one off I get two unit off at the same time. I have reinstall the software and same issue, everything else seems to function well, but I need to add about 150 more z-wave switches. I need help thank you.

October 21, 2014, 10:47:24 AM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,

Waoo ! 150 nodes !! Do you live in a castle ? ;)
I didn't have this kind of problem.
Did you take a look to your HG Log (perhaps need activation in configuration->maintenance) ?

Bye

October 22, 2014, 11:20:35 PM
Reply #2

zrang23

• Information
I did look at the config file, and activated all the nodes, but I cant add more, it seems to have issue adding more modules. and two modules conflict, both modules turn on and off at the same time. have all electrical unit in the house wired to be remotely controlled even the pool. I like the program but it not smooth in installation. any ideas?

October 23, 2014, 08:22:34 AM
Reply #3

MickEE

• Information
    • MikaelStenstrand.com
Yesterday I encounter problem with my z-wave interface with HG. I moved the z-wave module from one Raspberry Pi to another, and at this point I got problems. I think it's because the z-wave card/module has stored the nodes on it's internal storage. This information conflicts with HG and odd stuff happens. I cannot add or remove devices, so I'm now trying to get the z-wave card factory reset. Seems like I have to use another program for doing that..
Maybe try resetting your z-wave module and reset z-wave nodes in the maintenance part of HG?

October 25, 2014, 07:56:42 AM
Reply #4

MickEE

• Information
    • MikaelStenstrand.com
U probably already know, but if you're changing network for a Z-Wave device, you have to first remove it on the new network before adding it. At least I have got it to work this way :)

October 26, 2014, 04:42:42 AM
Reply #5

zrang23

• Information
thank you for your help, I will try this tonight, and post my result, I like to for with HG, it seems to be one of the best software I have found on the net. very user friendly.