more G-Labs products

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH Aeon Labs Energy Meter CONFIG  (Read 8861 times)

February 07, 2015, 09:02:08 AM
Read 8861 times

gioele

• Information
Hello everyone,
i am a newbie about home automation and HG.
I'm trying to configure an Aeon Labs Energy Meter (model DSB09104, 2 clamps) with HG (installed on Linux server with Aeon Usb Z-Stick) in order to monitoring energy consumption in real time.model)
I can add the sensor to device list of HG without no problem (recognized by HG as Manufacturer Specific = 0086:0002:0009) but i don't find the correct setting of parameters (i changed also the value of  variables id 101 and 111).
Once added the module to my group, i can see the widget but with no data about energy, and ,most important thing, seems that HG don't try to take data update from sensor.
The time of the last update is still the same, even if i set interval of reporting to 10 second.

Any suggestion would be fine.

Best Regards.

Gioele

February 09, 2015, 10:16:56 PM
Reply #1

hybridview

• Information
There are 2 problems:

The first problem is that the supported device classes for HEM v1 were incorrect from the perpper1db. The HEM v1 supports Association (needed for reports), but pepperdb did not indicate this fact. To fix this, perform steps below:

+ Go to [Configuration] / [Groups and Modules] and find your HEM node.
+ Click the button with 3 lines (far right) to open parameter editor.
+ Find ZWaveNode.NodeInfo and for value, add 85 to the end (make sure to seperate previous value with a space).
+ Press SAVE button.

Now, you need to add the association to HG so it can see reports.

+ Click the HEM node to the left of the button with 3 lines.
+ Next to the "Sensor" dropdown, hit the SETUP button.
+ You should see the "Associations" TAB!
+ Next to the "Add" button, enter 1 for node id.
+ Click the "Add" button.
Automated reports can now be seen!

HG will start receiving report data, but this is where the 2nd problem will occur, but fortunately, is mainly cosmetic. The current version of HG has difficulty reading the automated reports from HEM, so you will see "Generic" and "Binary" value reports instead of correct Meter and MultiInstance report values. I have the HEM v1 so was able to develop a fix. I will be submitting the code to Gene in the next day, so it may be coming soon to the HG updater. For now, a c# script can be added that transforms these reported value names so they show up in the correct areas in the energy widget. I'll need to see if I can create one that works for you, since I am currently running a version of HG with my code fix which negates the need for this script.

February 11, 2015, 01:08:12 AM
Reply #2

lfiocco

• Information
I have the same config and getting the same results.

I am using windows platform with an Aeon-Labs Z-Stick series 2, Aeon-Labs HEM DSB09104. This unit came with 2 clamps. I tried every software under the sun I can't get any reading from the meter.

it's currently on node 5. in HG. when I got setup and set the parameters they seem to stick because when I do a get the values seem to come back. it reads 0086:0002:0009

I tried doing what was written in the reply, but no go.

I added the 85, the associations showed, I tried both 1 and 5 and even both together.  No go.

btw the 85 does not stick all the time, I have to go and re-enter it often

I am clearly doing something wrong. I am so close...I will get this working and get myself a raspberry pi to run it off. Recommend any models?

I will factory default my HG and start from scratch. please give me the process. I have been working on this for 5 days now and new to HA. something doesn't add up.

can I install any tools and send cmds to the meter and see the valves? (debug) all my hardware is new so there is a chance there could be a problem with it. (I don't think so because it talks)

February 11, 2015, 02:10:01 AM
Reply #3

hybridview

• Information
Regarding losing the "85" that you set, I THINK that HG resets that parameter every time you click the "get node info" button. After you set the 85, try not to hit that button if possible.

You also need to configure your HEM variables, or the HEM will never send a report.

Below the "Associations" section, locate the "Configuration variables" section. The "Variable Id" dropdpown represents variables stored on the HEM device itself. Changing the dropdown will show you a description of what the selected variable is used for. I learned a lot from the following post on the micasaverde forum: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=22472.0. When you select a variable in the dropdown, you use the "Get" button below to get the current value set in HEM. You use the "Set" button to submit the value in the input box to the HEM for saving.

I used the values below:

Variable 3 = 0 (turn off the delta function so reports are always sent at intervals, instead of only when watts change)

Variable  101 = 770 (report watts for clamps 1&2 and multi sensor watts (total watts))

Variable  111 = 5 (report at 10 second interval for the watts data in 101)

February 11, 2015, 05:55:55 AM
Reply #4

lfiocco

• Information
I am finally able to see number flowing. I knew I was missing something.

the reason your not able to see anything is because "VirtualMeter.Watts" has to be set to the value you want to read from the hem. example 101, or 111. this is how you pipe the traffic on the graph!

I am also going to upload the manual for the of the HEM. see the values first in the SETUP. then config the parameters to pipe what you want to see.

I see numbers but they are off. I have to tweak it.

Once I get everything working I will port the process from A to Z.

February 11, 2015, 06:24:25 AM
Reply #5

lfiocco

• Information
I don't know where these values are coming from but I disconnected the leads from the box to the clamps, same numbers are still entering in.????

I think I am reading signal strength or something.4.5, 3.9, 4.2 etc...

February 11, 2015, 03:00:15 PM
Reply #6

hybridview

• Information
The VirtualMeter.Watts should be left at 0. It's there to be set by other modules and does not represent the values sent from HEM. I'ts not a map or pipe.

Also, you should always just use node "1" for the associations part mentioned earlier. I have mine setup this way and it works perfectly.

Did you set your variables in the section shown in my screenshot? In my example, the 770 value comes from adding up the report type numbers that you want included in the report (flag enum). See my earlier response for how to set these.

Also, when viewing my "Setup zwave node 5", I do not have any options below the sensor dropdown and setup button like you have (Your meter/kwh options). Strange...

I am also including a screenshot of my node params so you can see what kind of values the HEM might send. My param names will be different than yous since I have a special build running, but you should be seeing values (maybe under names like "MultiInstance.x.x" or Generic, etc).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:09:46 PM by hybridview »

February 11, 2015, 04:03:16 PM
Reply #7

beller

• Information
My 101 var is setted to 720, then i use a automation program to force the device sending clamp1 and clamp2 datas every 40 sec. (Not less)
Your hem2 device must have name "Home Energy Counter"
IF you need to enter this datas in the meters.watt set to 1 the 3° parameter of this automation program.
That must work as me, in my case clamp1 is a fv producing energy and clamp2 is the entire home consume

LAter i will post you here my last automation program

February 11, 2015, 09:54:46 PM
Reply #8

hybridview

• Information
Beller makes a good point. You CAN write a script to query or "poll" your HEM device every x seconds. This is what I did when I first installed HG. In this mode, HG sends a request to your HEM, which then responds with data. You should use this method until you have resolved your reporting issue so you at least have something to play with.

The method I have been discussing in previous posts is the automated reporting functionality. In this mode, them HEM itself sends unsolicited messages to HG based on the values you set in the device variables. Either your HEM is not sending these reports, or your HG setup is not reading them.

The benefit of using HEM unsolicited reports is:
1) No need to run a script that polls the HEM. Data is automatically sent to HG.
2) Potentially much less bandwidth on the zwave network and reduce dload on your HG server. The HEM can be configured to ONLY send a report when the clamps see X difference in watts (where you specify X in variables), so you don't waste effort requesting data that has not changed.

I have enclosed the script I was using before. You can configure polling interval, and it is designed for basic power metering instead of solar (I assume you are not using solar like Beller). Beller and I seem to have based our scripts on the same original, as both our scripts require that you name your HEM device "Home Energy Counter". :)

February 11, 2015, 10:17:48 PM
Reply #9

lfiocco

• Information
thank you for all the help. I am learning a lot. but still no go.

Specs about the Products
------------------------
Node 1 = AEODSA02203-US Z-Stick S2 (USB/Com3)
Node 2 = DSB09104-ZWUS Aeon-Labs HEM (2 Clamps) Manufacturer Specific = 0086:0002:0009

HomeGenie_1_00_beta_r478 / Windows7 X64

Parameters in HomeGenie Setup GET/SET

1 = 110
3 = 0
4 = 50
5 = 50
6 = 50
7 = 50
8 = 10
9 = 10
10 = 10
11 = 10
12 = 0
101 = 770
102 = 0
103 = 0
111 = 30
112 = 30
113 = 30

ZWaveNode.NodeInfo 04 21 01 70 31 72 86 32 80 85

Meter Watt Poll = Green

Energy Monitor Graph is getting zero's,

I named my Node "Home Energy Counter"

I am getting zeros everywhere..

I have a default install, no extra programs added or changes.

please help

February 11, 2015, 11:02:50 PM
Reply #10

hybridview

• Information
Wow. Very strange. I wonder if your HEM is malfunctioning. Have you rechecked the clamps in your fuse box and the connectors in your HEM? I have seen some people put the clamp around both + and - instead of just a single wire, which results in a net 0 watts.

My setup is identical to yours, except my HEM was detected on Node 5. I'm not sure if that is important or not...

Since nothing else has worked, it's time to pull out the big guns. Shutdown your HG service and open up a command prompt with admin privileges. Execute homegenie.exe from the command prompt and you will see all of the raw HEM message bytes pouring in. Copy a big chunk of this text and submit it to this thread. I can manually parse the bytes to see what the HEM is sending you. I solved one of my past issues using this method.

February 12, 2015, 02:05:46 AM
Reply #11

RoChess

• Information
What is the firmware on your HEM1? I know I had to update mine to v3.64 before things would work correctly.

February 12, 2015, 04:17:07 AM
Reply #12

lfiocco

• Information
I have this firmware.

here are the logs.

February 12, 2015, 07:51:25 PM
Reply #13

hybridview

• Information
I have a meeting, so will provide more info a bit later. For now, here is what I found.

After parsing your messages, I see a problem.
Your HG sends the proper request command. However, the HEM is not responding.

Here is the sequence of request/response I determined form your log.

1) [22:11:10.706054] SPO <     01 0C 00 13 04 05 60 06 (02) 31 04 05 [0F] BA
2) [22:11:10.768554] SPI > 06 01 04 01 13 01 E8
3) [22:11:10.768554] SPO < 06
4) [22:11:10.846679] SPI > 01 05 00 13 [0F] 00 E6
5) [22:11:10.846679] SPO < 06
6) MISSING!!!

1) HG sends out request for HEM (at node 4). Request asks for value from clamp #2 ( see the 02 in parenthesis). The 0F in brackets is the callback id.
2) ZSTICK (at node 1) sends ACK, and responds with (will decipher later, but same as mine)
3) HG ACKs the ZSTICK response.
4) HG receives a response matching callback ID 0F. (Havent fully decifered this message, but its the same data as mine)
5) HG ACKs the response.
6) HG should receive another message with HEM data! In your log, there is no message. In mine, I have a message here.

Also, the 0's you are getting are because of the Philips Hue Module. It's sending 0's. On my server, I disable this program to clean up my data.

2015-02-11T22:11:02.0146484-05:00   HomeAutomation.PhilipsHue   1   -   Meter.Watts   0
2015-02-11T22:11:02.1240234-05:00   HomeAutomation.PhilipsHue   2   -   Meter.Watts   0
2015-02-11T22:11:02.2333984-05:00   HomeAutomation.PhilipsHue   3   -   Meter.Watts   0

February 12, 2015, 11:28:40 PM
Reply #14

lfiocco

• Information
when I hit the get Kwh I don't see anything after the <06.

when I request the battery level it works. I get 100%. Plus I get a pop up

basic get =4 I get a pop up. I am working if there is a problem with the variables in HG?

is my HEM screwed?

I measured 3.64 AC volts off the HEM probes using my multimeter.