more G-Labs products

Author Topic: No Sunset Sunrise Program?  (Read 1874 times)

October 29, 2016, 10:15:19 PM
Read 1874 times

naps1saps

• Information
Trying to get a switch to go on/off @ sunrise sunset and read to use the sunrise sunset program.  I don't have one in my install.  Found an HGX file on Gene's server for a program but it has an object reference error (won't tell me which object is erroring...)

http://www.generoso.info/homegenie/downloads/apps/Sunrise_Sunset_Lights_Control.hgx

I don't really have time to mess around with stuff right now to make something work from scratch so any help would be appreciated.  Running the latest version.

October 30, 2016, 05:31:06 AM
Reply #1

kevinvinv

• Information
You have to use the scheduler...   configure | scheduler

Take it from me... if you are short on time...  dont start this project.  There is just NO WAY it is going to go quickly.

October 30, 2016, 05:42:14 AM
Reply #2

kevinvinv

• Information
Here is what I put in for the custom cron expression
 ( (@SolarTimes.Sunrise)  > (@SolarTimes.Sunset ) ) ; (2/20 * * * *)

Turns the lights on EVERY 20 minutes between Sunset and Sunrise

In the Modules Tab I select which modules to turn on.off

In the script section... this
// turn off all selected modules
$$.boundModules.off();

November 01, 2016, 04:15:20 AM
Reply #3

naps1saps

• Information
I figured it was removed to use scheduler now but the interface is not very intuitive.
I have one switch to turn on/off

I created a new event in scheduler with the what kevininv suggested.
How do I mark the switch to use this event?  I don't see a scheduler option in the module.

There is a schedule on/off option and it seems like you can put a cron expression in there.  What would one be for sunrise and one for sunset?

November 01, 2016, 04:24:20 AM
Reply #4

kevinvinv

• Information
You dont mark the switch to use the event anymore- instead you tell the event which switches to control.

In the scheduler dialog where you set up the cron expression etc... there should be a button called "modules" or something like that... click it and then select the module you want to control with that schedule event.

November 01, 2016, 04:25:32 AM
Reply #5

kevinvinv

• Information
This is the cron expression to use for sunset to sunrise
 ( (@SolarTimes.Sunrise)  > (@SolarTimes.Sunset ) )

November 01, 2016, 04:30:53 AM
Reply #6

naps1saps

• Information
You dont mark the switch to use the event anymore- instead you tell the event which switches to control.

In the scheduler dialog where you set up the cron expression etc... there should be a button called "modules" or something like that... click it and then select the module you want to control with that schedule event.

I think you might be on a different version or my install is messed up.
I have 1.1 r497

I added a screenshot.

In the Schedule on/off it looks like I can put a cron expression there with @Sunrise and @Sunset according to another thread.

November 01, 2016, 04:36:45 AM
Reply #7

naps1saps

• Information
I tried a test cron in scheduler and attached @test in the schedule on/off in the module and it worked.

Looks like I'm on an old version but the update manager is not finding any available updates...  Any suggestions?  I'd really like to not have to re-do my system again.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:38:48 AM by naps1saps »

November 01, 2016, 12:17:16 PM
Reply #8

kevinvinv

• Information
Yeah I am on version 525.

I think in general if you just download from scratch you can restore your backup into the new version... but I do believe that I may have had to re-do a few things when I did that.

This home automation stuff can e a major time sink...   no arguments about that!

November 01, 2016, 08:03:41 PM
Reply #9

naps1saps

• Information
I bit the bullet, no restore from backup... sigh

Now I'm even more confused with r525.  If i try to create a new event all I get is the cron wizard and can't input a custom cron or a name and it doesn't even save.  Editing Outdoor.On gives me the same wizard and it doesn't have any info in it to actually edit.  WHYYYY????

The picture is what I get when I click on Outdoor.On or click new event.

November 02, 2016, 01:35:58 AM
Reply #10

naps1saps

• Information
Nevermind.  I backed up, reset, and restored which fixed it.  I'm getting the correct window popping up now.  Even computer techs have random nonsense issues.

*EDIT*
Nevermind nevermind... Seems there is a bug when you change ports.  It works until I change to the port I run my HG on.  Off to post a bug...

*EDIT EDIT*
Nevermind nevermind nevermind... Cache issue with the browser -_____-  Clearing the cache did not clear the cache fully but clicking refresh on the browser did the trick.  SOOOOO ANNOYING!  Guess it pays to be a computer tech.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 02:06:14 AM by naps1saps »

November 02, 2016, 02:51:14 AM
Reply #11

kevinvinv

• Information
AH,  glad to hear you figured it out.  I was just logging in to my HG setup to remember how the screen's go for the scheduler.  Looks like you got it figured out then!  Great!!

November 03, 2016, 06:06:34 AM
Reply #12

naps1saps

• Information
Also had to set the long/lat in settings to get the sunset/sunrise algorithm to work otherwise it doesn't work.

November 17, 2016, 12:20:35 AM
Reply #13

jmcgee

• Information
I am trying to set a schedule for Outdoor Christmas lights and want to use sunset (or offset) as on time on every day between  Nov 27 and Jan .  This on 525.

I thought I'd start by using the sunrise to sunset as mentioned here.  I entered that in custom cron schedule.  I see it gets replaced by actual times when I reopen it. I tried to set the Zwave module that has the lights, but it only has a check box for lights, but not individual modules.  What am I missing?

November 17, 2016, 09:31:02 AM
Reply #14

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Normally in the right part you will find the list of modules to check.
Make sure that your kind of module is light and not switch.
You can check Switch in the left side to see if your switchs appear.