more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Advanced Smart Lights  (Read 20535 times)

January 15, 2017, 02:46:49 PM
Reply #75

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
yes, these can be added to the HG repository. I intended to do that, but never got around to it. once there,  a user can add them via the HG Web interface very easily. The reason I didn't upload them before was that Gene made some changes that meant I should rewrite things. I haven't touched the code, so I didn't want to upload potentially problematicscripts.

January 15, 2017, 03:23:59 PM
Reply #76

raptorjr

• Information
I understand. And I also think that scripts should be tested thoroughly before being a part of the HG repository.

But there are many good scripts that maybe is not good enough for HG repository, but good enough to start with. Or get ideas on what could be done, or maybe just need small modifications to fit for that users needs.

And since Gene is not very active I think it is not very encouraging to make a pull request and it maybe get included within the next 6-12 months.

There should be a place where people could add just a link to their hgx file, maybe a link to the thread started on the forum and a small description about the script.

Then maybe more people use the script, test it, bugs get fixed, and then they could be a part of HG repository.

January 15, 2017, 03:27:04 PM
Reply #77

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
That's basically what this sub-forum is for, but it doesn't have a cents repository. People post here but users have to dig through each thread to find the files.

February 02, 2017, 05:41:11 AM
Reply #78

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I believe I sused the one bug I've seen in the code in which a light can turn off immediately after turning on.  I've uploaded it to my github account in my signature.

June 01, 2017, 03:36:53 PM
Reply #79

[email protected]

• Information
i've altered your code to work with the updated jKutils - are you taking pull requests?

June 01, 2017, 03:42:48 PM
Reply #80

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I'm not that involved with github. If you make a pull request I assume I can review and then let github merge it in?

June 02, 2017, 01:01:26 PM
Reply #81

[email protected]

• Information

June 02, 2017, 05:18:45 PM
Reply #82

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Well then go ahead and pull away.  I'll try to get the update included.