more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Compact widgets for my iphone  (Read 4170 times)

March 09, 2015, 10:49:52 PM
Read 4170 times

tara

• Information
Hi folks. I took the generic light, dimmer, and switch widgets and changed them to be compact and phone friendly. I have an iPhone, so the phone client was not an option. On the other hand, by using the function to put the page on my homescreen, I now have a homegenie icon, and when I click it, it is full screen, with no browser bars (address or nav or anything).  So basically, I have a homegenie app on my iPhone, only not. ;-)  I sized the widgets to work well in both orientations, and it should be pretty easy to adapt it to differently proportioned screens.

Attached are three screenshots, and three .zip files exported using the homegenie widget editor (so that they can be imported in the same way).

This won't mean anything unless you look at the screenshots, but clicking the icon brings up the dimmer knob / control popups, and clicking on the name brings up the module configuration popup.

Keep in mind that importing these will REPLACE the existing generic widgets. Export the existing widgets before you import these. Re-importing those backups will be the easiest way to go back if you change your mind. I'll start looking at how to make these separate but chooseable, but for now it's either / or.

I'd be happy to reproduce the format for other widgets. These were the ones I wanted most, and I'll probably do a couple more for myself, but unless someone asks, I won't do the ones I don't use. Like most here, I would guess, I have a job and even some friends. So ask.

One other change is built in to these: some Fibaro devices report watts via Sensor.Power, but not Meter.Watts, so I added that as a source of watt data for the status. If anyone is interested, I can post a tiny modification to another javascript file that will add that data in the group indicator.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:05:11 AM by tara »

March 09, 2015, 11:36:35 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
please if possible scale images to max 650px width :)
btw thanks for sharing this. I'm moving to the contributions forum.

March 10, 2015, 03:40:11 PM
Reply #2

tara

• Information
I'd just like to add a note on how to adjust the width, which is the main thing folks will want to change according to the screen they want to use this on.

In the first line of each html file there is a width setting that sets the total width of the widget. The ideal for my iPhone 6+ was 315, so that the widgets will change to 2 across in landscape. You can do this right in the widget editor as you import each of the widgets.

March 10, 2015, 11:36:00 PM
Reply #3

tara

• Information
I've added the color light widget to the set.

March 23, 2015, 03:30:21 PM
Reply #4

hybridview

• Information
A compact version of the stats chart would be great. When I try to view it on my Galaxy s4, the chart shrinks too much and is not readable.  I think condensing the title part and the tab graphics would be enough. This could probably all be done in css using "responsive" css.

The energy widget control works very well on my phone, but it would be nice to be able to use the date range and parameter selection features of the stats page.

April 05, 2015, 11:43:32 AM
Reply #5

dsa4055

• Information
Hello

I have a new Widget for the Alarmsystem.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:50:16 AM by dsa4055 »

June 05, 2015, 01:57:17 PM
Reply #6

kevin1

• Information
Is there any way to have small widgets used on cellphone browsers and have the regular widgets used on tablet/desktop browsers?

Also, is there a way to create browser bookmarks/links to different HG control groups?  I tried a couple bookmarks in Chrome.  First is my regular bookmark to get to HG; shows Dashboard group.  Second I created while viewing my Garage group; it doesn't work, just goes to my Dashboard:
<IPAddress> -- goes to main page
<IPAddress>/hg/html/index.html?63569099087345.5#page_control

September 17, 2015, 01:04:31 AM
Reply #7

MItchCECG

• Information
I am totally new to HG could you please point me to info on how to install your widget
I have tried importing no luck

THANX
MITCH

November 30, 2016, 03:02:22 AM
Reply #8

GreenWenonah

• Information
I downloaded the .zips and discovered that my widgets were still the same size as before but only used the upper quarter or so.  After goofing with it awhile, I discovered that line 1 has to be changed.

Change:

Code: [Select]
ui-body-inherit hg-widget-c
to

Code: [Select]
ui-body-inherit hg-widget-e
This adjusts the overall size of the widget to the appropriate size for what we are doing.