more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Windows Phone / Store app  (Read 10463 times)

December 06, 2014, 06:56:42 PM
Reply #15

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
so it's been a while, so here's an update:
I created the new connection screen and modules for switches and sensors. I'm currently looking for screenshots of modules I don't own myself (see other thread I created here)

Next steps are updating the UI when one of the modules are changed from another client and adding push notifications.

I'm currently focussing the UI work on WP8.1, all the actual code is being shared across Windows store and Windows Phone. So once the app is finished I'll only need to do some UI work to get it to windows store as well

December 16, 2014, 10:25:06 AM
Reply #16

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
need some help guys, I've cooked up a few designs on the tile. I tried to stay close to the HomeGenie brand in terms of logo and color.

which one do you like or if you have any other ideas, feel free (I'm far from a designer, especially when it comes to logos or tiles)

http://1drv.ms/1vUNbmW

December 16, 2014, 12:07:48 PM
Reply #17

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
2.png look good :).
Bye

December 16, 2014, 12:52:44 PM
Reply #18

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer

December 16, 2014, 03:11:37 PM
Reply #19

mvdarend

• Information
I like the second one as well, but if the gray color in the third one means that it is transparent, then I prefer that.

December 16, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
Reply #20

RoChess

• Information
A Live tile would add a lot of potential as well.

• little light bulb with a number on the total amount of lights that are 'on'
  • thermostat temperature
  • total Watt usage

Your existing 2nd logo adjustment of the 'Genie' could  be shown at a quarter size in top left corner, and then show 3 values in the other quarter sections. Ideally configurable, but that is for you to decide.

December 17, 2014, 11:22:10 AM
Reply #21

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
A Live tile would add a lot of potential as well.

• little light bulb with a number on the total amount of lights that are 'on'
  • thermostat temperature
  • total Watt usage

Your existing 2nd logo adjustment of the 'Genie' could  be shown at a quarter size in top left corner, and then show 3 values in the other quarter sections. Ideally configurable, but that is for you to decide.

live tiles are definitely coming, but right now I'm focussing on getting the app into a beta state where I can invite people to start testing functionality of all the different controls. things like voice search and live tiles will get built-in afterwards

December 17, 2014, 08:18:43 PM
Reply #22

RoChess

• Information
live tiles are definitely coming, but right now I'm focussing on getting the app into a beta state where I can invite people to start testing functionality of all the different controls. things like voice search and live tiles will get built-in afterwards

Understandable.

Better to prioritize and get get some functionality in the hands of users, then constantly trying to perfect you app without ever releasing it. Will help you test, as I was able to score a bunch of Lumia 635s dirt cheap from Microsoft during Black Friday.

December 20, 2014, 11:28:28 AM
Reply #23

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
got an api question for Gene:

are you exposing any events that trigger whenever a module is manipulated (a switch being switched on, a dimmer value being changed, ...)? in the current windows phone app modules are updated every 5 seconds. it would be nice if this could be event based instead of polling

December 20, 2014, 12:43:08 PM
Reply #24

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Nico,

hg has a realtime event stream that you can use in the wp app.
Some time ago I wrote a c# winform app connecting to the real time event stream by using EventSource4Net library:

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie-SmartControl

look here for an example usage of the eventsource client:

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie-SmartControl/blob/master/HomeGenie-Net-ClientLib/ControlApi.cs#L74

Cheers,
g.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:46:03 PM by Gene »

December 20, 2014, 12:51:07 PM
Reply #25

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
awesome! was hoping for something like that :)

thanks!

December 20, 2014, 12:55:53 PM
Reply #26

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
One more thing... if I well remember I had to patch the EventSource4Net library in order to make it work.
So if you are experiencing issues using the original library, use the one included in the SmartControl app.

Cheers,
g.

December 20, 2014, 06:38:27 PM
Reply #27

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
got it up and running. only thing I needed to do was port the eventsource4net thing to a universal library.

was an awesome way to spend an afternoon home alone :)

December 22, 2014, 07:25:52 PM
Reply #28

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
some updates:

- fixed some bugs today
- got color lights working (selecting the color, switching on/off already worked)

functionality wise I would say I'm at alpha stage. need to do some UI work to get it to Beta, but it's getting closer!

as far as UI goes, here's an idea I was playing with today: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5A345BB15E973473&id=5A345BB15E973473%21399041&v=3

January 02, 2015, 10:16:19 AM
Reply #29

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
redesigned the HG logo, pretty happy with how it turned out :)