more G-Labs products

Author Topic: SolarAltitude Times off one hour  (Read 483 times)

November 08, 2016, 12:57:57 AM
Read 483 times

jpscuba

• Information
After the time change here on the east coast for daylight savings the time values for SolarAltitude are one hour late.  I am running on a Rasp Pi and the time on the Pi is correct after the time change.  I also checked my location lat and lon and they are correct.  I have read the online manual and checked the forum so I am looking for any other configuration parameters I might have missed in getting the output correct.  I am using the Evening.GoldenHour.Start which is one hour late because the Evening.Sunset.Start is two hours late.

As I mentioned at the start my time on the Rasp Pi is correct and the tzdata is correct.

Any help is appreciated

November 08, 2016, 02:54:01 AM
Reply #1

jpscuba

• Information
It seems that I fixed it by deleting and reinstalling the SolarAltitude module and then reconfiguring it.  Not sure what time change had to do with this module being off by 2 hours.

November 13, 2016, 11:45:33 PM
Reply #2

HGexperimenter

• Information
I saw the same thing and it self corrected after 1 day of DST going off passed.

November 14, 2016, 10:39:51 PM
Reply #3

jpscuba

• Information
Hey HGexperimenter,
    Thanks for the reply.  I let mine go for two days after the time change and it still did not correct itself.  That is when I decided to try and fix it some other way.  I now remember that I went through the same thing last time change but thought it was a bug in HG so I didn't write down what fixed it.  Now at least a fix is searchable for my self and others that might be having this issue.

November 17, 2016, 02:39:41 PM
Reply #4

Johnny H

• Information
I had the same issue, cpu had correct time, but everything was activating 1 hour early.. seemed to rectify itself, I just rebooted just in case.

Johnny