more G-Labs products

Author Topic: ca-certificates-mono missing raspian  (Read 1642 times)

December 04, 2015, 02:08:07 AM
Read 1642 times

maxflax

• Information
Install notes say to install this as optional but this package is missing.

# SSL client support
sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-mono

Getting mono from "http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" will completely destroy your mono installation and will throw "Illegal ..." when starting anything with mono.

So how do we install the ca-certificates-mono so we can use gmail to send email? Is there another way?

December 04, 2015, 04:51:55 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I have a set of instructions on my laptop at home.  I need to clean it up a little, but it includes all steps to get a blank SD card to a fully working installation for my needs.  Some steps may not be needed for some, but I will leave them included in case others find them useful.  I hope to get that file cleaned up a little and I will upload it this weekend.

The short answer is that you need to install mono-complete (IIRC).  Do not install the full 4.0.4 update from the URL you listed as it will break HG (as you've already found).  I think I posted a short dirty version of my guide on the forum so if you can't wait, an ugly version may be available.

December 11, 2015, 07:21:06 AM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Sorry for the delay, but this is the instructions I was working on.  Last time I used them, I was able to get HG working with email notifications with this approach.

January 24, 2016, 04:32:55 PM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
My last set of steps installed Mosquitto 0.15 which is a MQTT 3.1 broker.  I found that I needed 3.1.1 for use with Arduino libraries, so this is an updated set of steps that updates Mosquitto to 1.4.7 (MQTT 3.1.1).