more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Windows Firewall Woes...  (Read 1392 times)

December 22, 2014, 07:15:51 PM
Read 1392 times

sdavies

• Information
Hi all,

Bonafide newb here getting into Homegenie initially to control my Zwave lights, switches, etc.
No problem adding modules or groups from the home shared media center running Win 7, but having a heck of a time reaching the service from any other networked computer via 192.168.0.102:8088.
I adjusted the port as you can see since I thought there may be a conflict on 80 with other services; I have Plex and an assortment of programs shared across the network.
I've tried specifing in Windows Firewall 8088 under HomeGenie and it seems to have no effect - tried both via config file and on the web portal.
Also disabled virus protection temporarily, etc.
Only way for any device to connect is if I disable Windows Firewall entirely, which of course is not a solution.
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling HomeGenie to no avail.
As mentioned previously I have other apps peeking through the firewall without issue, not sure what I'm doing wrong and suggestions would be appreciated!

December 29, 2014, 06:15:13 PM
Reply #1

sdavies

• Information
Any suggestions? Pulling my hair out on this one. Enjoy the interface and flexibility of the system, unfortunately will have to abandon if can't get access to it from networked devices...

December 29, 2014, 06:47:12 PM
Reply #2

sdavies

• Information
And a few minutes later I got it sorted. I had created a problem by opening both local and remote ports of 8088. Changing the remote port to Any and we're all good.