more G-Labs products

Author Topic: My HomeGenie Setup  (Read 3047 times)

August 13, 2015, 05:03:28 AM
Read 3047 times

michmill

• Information
First, let me say how impressed I am with HomeGenie.  I've been doing home automation for 15+ years with X10, Insteon, and now Z-Wave.  I've used mControl, HomeSeer, and a few others.  While HomeGenie still has a few rough edges to work out, the UI is polished and thoughtful.  The master stroke in my opinion is the scripting capabilities of HomeGenie.  Brilliant!  HomeGenie plus the community provides enough out of the box support for most hobbyists, but the true power lies in the extensibility.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can make HomeGenie do:

My current rig:
10 Z-Wave Plug in modules
6 Z-Wave Multi-level switches
3 Z-Wave outdoor binary switches
2gig CT30e Thermostat
Wayne Dalton Z-Wave garage door opener relay

On order:
2 Schlage Z-Wave locks
1 AD2USB alarm interface

Cheers,
Mike

February 16, 2016, 08:39:05 AM
Reply #1

Bitcraze

• Information
Hi, Mike

Would you mind sharing your hgx for Interfacing the Alarmdecoder AD2USB?

March 29, 2016, 08:11:08 PM
Reply #2

ecolo

• Information
Hello, I just joined this forum, and was intrigued by the description of your utilization of Home Genie.
     Like many others, the ActiveHome server disaster created a problem for long-time X-10 users like me. I have managed some work-arounds regarding the limitations of X-10, so just getting back to the Activehome system or an equivalent would be ok.
      Whenever convenient, how about sharing your thoughts regarding modeling Home Genie for the X-10 15A. Since I am of a certain age, bridging the gap between analogue and digital presents challenges. Best wishes, Dan Townsend, New Mexico USA