more G-Labs products

Author Topic: basic security and motion sensors not working over time  (Read 843 times)

August 20, 2016, 05:28:13 AM
Read 843 times

naps1saps

• Information
The motion sensors used in basic security only seem to want to work for 1-2 weeks until they just stop triggering the alarms.  Door sensors work fine.  I have 4 motion sensors and can trigger them all with no consequence.  Also (if it is related) when the alarm is triggered, it takes 10-20 seconds to sound all 3 alarms in my house.  Normally it should only take 2-5 seconds.

The only way I have found to fix this is to re-get all the info in the setup menu for every sensor.  Restarting the server/computer does nothing.  This is on a windows release

Any help would be appreciated.

August 21, 2016, 11:25:50 PM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
On my raspberry pi, i have already set my alarm system more than 2 weeks, but not try to trigger ...
Can you determine after how much time exactly the alarm program "bug" ?

If we need to wait 2 weeks, it's not very easy to reproduice ...

Bye

August 26, 2016, 07:04:10 AM
Reply #2

naps1saps

• Information
I'm not sure how long exactly.  I have one in my garage and end up triggering it when I get home most of the time.  After a week or two it stops triggering even the ones in the house.  I haven't really figured out how to "reset" it.  The only way that seemed to work last time was to re-get all the info in setup requiring me to push the pair button on all my motion sensors.  I believe HG still shows notifications though of motion which is odd.  I'll get back to you with some more info.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:19:22 PM by naps1saps »