more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HomeGenie on Raspberry Pi 3  (Read 1155 times)

August 20, 2016, 04:40:20 PM
Read 1155 times

jtb1111

• Information
Hi,

I'm a new user of HG on my RPi3. I got it installed OK and can get the dashboard and several other functions... I'm trying to install a z-wave controller. Problem is with Popup type functions. Most things I click on give a white-out screen, another click flashes on the popup box I want (like Add Module+ or Actions, etc.) and it disappears too quickly to enter info or data. I've tried a few changes to the RPi browser and the HG configuration settings. No luck. Any fix to the flash on/off problem? The main modules stay on the dashboard OK but changing settings or using a setup causes the popups flash on/off. Also, how do I check to see the zwave controller card is recognized? Tried netstat -L and don't see port 80?

thanks much

August 20, 2016, 09:15:17 PM
Reply #1

chandan

• Information
Hi jtb1111,

What kind of z-wave controller are you using? I use a Aeon Labs Z-stick Gen5 with my RPi 2 and haven't seen any problems similar to what you are describing. One thing I did differently was to install mono 4 instead of the stock mono that comes with Raspbian Jessie.

I assume you're using HG 525 and that you've already set up the serial port correctly under Configure->Settings->ZWave Interface Options.

August 20, 2016, 11:36:22 PM
Reply #2

jtb1111

• Information
Chandan,

Thanks for the reply. I have a ZM3102N Z-Wave Module out of an old Isis Hub (they discontinued 1st gen hubs). It says Alertme.com also. Don't know if it will work although I could match the 4 pins to the I/O easily. Funny thing now, the popup problem must be my RPi browser since I can log into HG using another computer on the same router at the RPi address and using that computer all is well with HG! I'll reinstall the RPi browser and that should work. I don't know what port to expect from controller and the Serial I/O. Have tried configs like 80, 8080, /dev/ttyS0, /devttyAMA0, etc. The HG Discovery looks like it works on anything but I can't add nodes. How do I check for a controller match to the RPi? What port config? What should Netstat (or another command) look like when I'm connected?

Thanks Much.... Jeff

August 31, 2016, 08:33:12 PM
Reply #3

reza

• Information
unplug and plug in the module and type in dmesg. it'll show you what device was recently added. that's what you should select for a serial port.