more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Solar Altitude (replaces: SunCalc)  (Read 6561 times)

November 02, 2014, 05:08:23 PM
Reply #15

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
With daylight savings time ending last night, I found that this app needs a modification.  I have a light that turns on at dusk and off at dawn.  This light turned off at 7:57am yesterday.  Since daylight savings time moved sunrise an hour earlier today, the lights should have turned off at 6:47am today however they waited until 7:57am.  I don't know if Solar Altitude knows about daylight savings time or if perhaps it runs at a given time once a day and doesn't update again.  Either way, at least on the day of daylight savings time switch, sunrise/sunset values are wrong.

Also, since I'm posting anyway, when displaying the HG web page on my Android in vertical mode, the Solar Altitude display is pretty ugly due to the way things are split up.  If I rotate the device to horizontal, things are displayed correctly.  I don't know if there's much that can be done about this since the device is pretty narrow and HG doesn't let the display scroll horizontally.

Other than that, everything else works beautifully and has been for months!  The display issue isn't a huge issue since I usually use the HG Android App.  The daylight savings issue is possibly only an issue 2 days a year.

November 02, 2014, 05:25:53 PM
Reply #16

mvdarend

• Information
Daylight savings ended for me last week but I had no problems with wrong times, everything went well as far as I remember. (I may have rebooted the BananaPi that day though, I can't remember)

Have you checked the Solar Altitude times in the Scheduler, are they correct?

November 02, 2014, 05:42:52 PM
Reply #17

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Yes I checked and the times are wrong.  HG correctly turned the lights off at the time solar altitude indicated, but solar altitude was wrong by the 1 hour offset.