more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Alexa Bridge Interface and Homegenie-Can't get it working  (Read 1190 times)

January 24, 2017, 03:59:12 PM
Read 1190 times

petediscrete

• Information
I am using the following link to get the above interface working. I have followed the installation instruction but so far have had no success.Has anyone got a working version installed successfully that may be able to help.

My setup as follows

Raspberry Pi3
Raspbian Wheezy latest version
Homegenie rc525
X10 Cm15Pro
RPi Camera module

Everything else is functioning fine. I downloaded the MIG interface and installed as per instruction.I enabled the MIG interface. I restarted the service and imported the HGX file into Programs/Lights and restarted the program. I created an Alexa Testing widget and requested the Alexa unit to discover devices. Nothing discovered so far.

Would anyone have any ideas on what I couold do next.

January 25, 2017, 12:20:47 PM
Reply #1

[email protected]

• Information

January 25, 2017, 03:22:39 PM
Reply #2

petediscrete

• Information
I downloaded your MIG from your GitHub along with the hgx file you stated was needed. That's exactly what I used. Could you possibly outline the exact steps you used for an install. It might make it easier to troubleshoot.

I am doing all this remotely using Putty. The option on the MIG for IPAddress is defaulting to 196.168.0.14 and will not accept any changes.The IP address of my Pi is 192.168.0.10 and the PC I'm using for remote access is 192.168.0.136. I'm not if this is affecting the operation. You did say in a previous post that the MIG IPAddress didn't seem to do anything

January 26, 2017, 02:48:55 AM
Reply #3

petediscrete

• Information
David.Just to update.

I downloaded your latest MIG interface as of the 6th December 2016. It now leaves the IPAddress box blank.Followed your instructions for installation as per your previous post.Still nothing discovered.

Maybe you could give us an idea what Raspbian version you are using and what version of HG you are installing your working app on.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has got this working,

April 22, 2017, 11:07:30 AM
Reply #4

[email protected]

• Information
I promise I will have a look at this, just been busy with other projects and planning a wedding, so free time is non existent!