more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Programming Arduino with HomeGenie.  (Read 4880 times)

November 26, 2014, 02:38:31 AM
Read 4880 times

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Programming Arduino with Raspberry Pi and HomeGenie

it also works on any other debian system (eg. Ubuntu).

g.

December 31, 2014, 01:03:33 AM
Reply #1

boogy

• Information
why only linux?
i'm trying to get it working under windows, but the Arduino Sketch option is hidden from the user interface.
Is it possible to make it work on Windows out of the box (some configuration etc.)? Or is it not possible at the moment nor at all?
Some guidance on how to achieve this would be apreciated: ArduinoAppFactory needs to be extended to support windows, no arduino make file available for windows, etc.

December 31, 2014, 01:43:51 AM
Reply #2

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
The problem with Windows is that it needs to install a bunch of things like cygwin and other stuff.
Under linux it's just a matter of adding a dependency to the homegenie debian package (arduino-mk) that will be automatically downloaded by the package manager.
In windows there's no such "arduino-mk" package available, so it would require installing the whole Arduino IDE.
Unless you like the idea of programming Arduino from everywhere by just using a web browser, this is pointless since you already got the Arduino IDE on your Windows box.
Also what makes interesting having Arduino programming from HG in linux, is that linux is a portable S.O. that works on many embedded systems and so it turns the box into a "mobile" Arduino programmer.

Cheers,
g.

January 03, 2015, 04:29:39 PM
Reply #3

boogy

• Information
Thank you for reply. I think I got the point now:)

May 02, 2015, 12:26:35 AM
Reply #4

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
This video covers writing a sketch to the Arduino where the reset pin is taken care of, but does not cover writing to a Pro Mini since a GPIO needs to be set up.  I installed the autoreset script and have it working now that permissions are set up, but have not tried with HG yet to verify it is working.  Can you perhaps post a quick guide for how you set up the Arduino Pro Mini with HG since that is how Eden V2 is designed?  It might save some RPi+Arduino newbies the hassle I went through since Linux permissions are not simple for the beginner.

May 02, 2015, 01:29:32 AM
Reply #5

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Arduino Mini Pro 3.3v directly connected to Raspberry Pi's UART:
Code: [Select]
Pro    <-->    RaspberryPi
------------------------------
GND    <-->    Pin 6 (GND)
VCC    <-->    Pin 1 (3v3)
RXI    <-->    Pin 8 (TXD - GPIO#14)
TXO    <-->    Pin 10 (RXT - GPIO#15)
GRN    <-->    Pin 13 (GPIO#21/#27)

Preconfigured SD card image with all the software needed:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/homegenie/files/previous/HomeGenie_1_00_beta_r431_raspi-armhf-4GB.zip/download

Cheers,
g.

June 14, 2016, 03:08:19 PM
Reply #6

atom

• Information
And it is possible to connect and program parallely several Arduino?

October 12, 2016, 09:15:25 PM
Reply #7

raptorjr

• Information
I think this is pretty cool. I wonder if it would be possible to both add support for the MySensors 2.0 library? And as next step also make it possible with OTA updates to sensor nodes? MySensors 2.0 have support for OTA updates, and have the possibility to update the sketch on remote nodes.