more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Android App  (Read 973 times)

April 19, 2015, 05:25:17 PM
Read 973 times

domotica86

• Information
I bought a small 7inch android tablet with 4.4 to use as a touched on the wall. Unfortunately the Android app doesn't seem to update the status of the z-wave switches. It works fine to use switches, but I can't see if a switch is on or off, for instance if somebody used the switch in the wall. Is that normal behavior for the Android App?

Matthias

April 20, 2015, 05:25:34 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
The app doesn't really update the status correctly for me either.  If I control a device from the app, it will correctly change the physical module as commanded, but it does not change the state in the app.  If I change something from the web interface, the app does not update.  If I change something from a controller that transmits the command that HG can see, the app does not update.  If I control a module locally, nothing updates for me as I use X10 and it has no transmit capability so this is expected.

If I use the android app to control a module, I can get it to update the status if I switch to a different tab and then back.  I don't recall currently if this works every time for every type of change listed above or if it's less predictable.  I have not done enough testing to say for sure as I only use the app periodically and it works well enough for my current needs.

April 21, 2015, 08:46:37 AM
Reply #2

KaZe

• Information
What is type of your servers? (Windows/Linux)

Now I have a server running Windows Serveer 2012R2 and the same problem with it.
But I remember when I tested it on a Raspberry PI B+, then it worked.

April 21, 2015, 05:25:22 PM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I run HG on a RPi B.