more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How the heck do I edit the cron times now?  (Read 4257 times)

June 12, 2016, 12:56:08 AM
Read 4257 times

kevinvinv

• Information
funny thing... I am now at the latest version of HG and I cant for the life of me figure out who to edit the scheduled on/off times in a module.   I used to be able to click in the field and enter a cron string but now I get a pop up box that is pretty cool I must say...  offering sunrise, sunset, and all sorts of pre=programed things... but I cant seem to figure out how to enter my own custom string anymore.

help?

June 13, 2016, 03:07:29 AM
Reply #1

petediscrete

• Information
I've stopped updating at 5.19 for everyday use. It's been the most stable for me so far. I wouldn't be in a hurry to update. If you find a stable version that works for you, unless an update provides something of particular interest to you, I'd hold fire until enough feedback was posted up. Alternatively I've two versions on seperate SD cards, stable for me and latest update. Latest update becomes stable when fully tested. You can see where I'm going with this.

June 13, 2016, 03:10:54 AM
Reply #2

kevinvinv

• Information
Yessir,  I get it.  I wanted to stay on 5.12 actually but I needed to update my OS and only the more later versions support mono the comes with the latest Ubuntu...   

so... I blazed the trail!!   :)

June 18, 2016, 04:39:11 PM
Reply #3

kevinvinv

• Information
I guess for now I am skipping cron and just wrote a program to manage all of my timed events.  I still apparently am too stupid to figure out how to enter a cron string into a module... 

June 19, 2016, 01:24:17 AM
Reply #4

daberk

• Information
So has the ability to add a scheduler expression as per the documentation been removed ?  I just installed HG and it seems like a great program but there doesn't seem to be a place to enter a expression like
"00 21* * * ;@Weekdays;@SpecialDays".  Am I missing something or is this a bug ?

June 20, 2016, 05:51:32 PM
Reply #5

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Scheduled events can be created in the interface and given a name to refer to later.  You can also create/update these times with a program if that makes things easier (see jkUtils Solar Altitude for an example).  Once created,  you can use scheduled events with a module using the scheduled ON/OFF app (needs to be enabled if it is not already).  This will allow you to enter cron expressions or use the date/time dialog in the interface to schedule events.  If you want to create your own code to control scheduled events, look at the Scheduled ON/OFF app to get an idea of how to make that work.

June 25, 2016, 06:39:33 PM
Reply #6

kevinvinv

• Information
Well, it seems to me that things are broken with regards to cron strings on the latest release. 

Maybe it is just me.

June 27, 2016, 10:48:51 PM
Reply #7

wouter

• Information
not just you :-\ I can't find the Scheduled ON/OFF app in rev 525

June 27, 2016, 11:30:21 PM
Reply #8

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I haven't updated in a while.  I've been busy and/or out of town a lot and haven't had time to play with my fully working system to break it.   8)

June 28, 2016, 10:34:27 AM
Reply #9

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
The following widgets have been moved to the package repository:

- Scheduled On/Off
- Turn Off delay
- Timetable
- Solar Altitude

the reason is because all features implemented by those widgets are now almost all built-in in new HG.
Please have a look at the new Scheduler page.

g.

June 30, 2016, 10:53:48 PM
Reply #10

kevinvinv

• Information

HI Gene,  should I still be able to insert a cron string directly into a module somehow or does that require loading one of these archived programs?

July 02, 2016, 09:43:49 PM
Reply #11

mchias13

• Information
I'm lost on how to create a time schedule event.  When I click add event it brings up the old "cron event wizard".  When I hit ok nothing happens.  I updated to v525.  Is there something else I need to update?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 09:56:35 PM by mchias13 »

July 09, 2016, 06:43:09 PM
Reply #12

Acorlin

• Information
Kevinvinv--
Where in the program did you see the pop up box offering @FromSunset etc?

I am now using r525 and I think I have navigated all over the new scheduler and cannot find out where to program some modules to go on and off from sunset to sunrise.
I am running Windows 10.
In other words What would the CRON  scripting be to turn a light on @FromSunset in r525 using Weather Underground?
Thank you for your help.
Alan
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:07:05 AM by Acorlin »

July 11, 2016, 06:43:28 PM
Reply #13

kevinvinv

• Information
Beats me bro,  I currently have no idea how to schedule on and off times for individual modules.  Sorry...   I think the best answer is to go back a version or two if you can... to stay off the cutting edge a bit.

Unfortunately I can't go back because my new OS wont support the MONO needed in version 512 which worked great for me... so I am stuck trying to deal with the changes in 522 .

But... the whole thing is free... so I guess I cant complain  :)   

July 11, 2016, 09:00:59 PM
Reply #14

Acorlin

• Information
I can program individual modules to go on and off at a specific time in r525 I just cannot program them as I have done in the past to use Weather Underground and turn them on and off at sunset and sunrise.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know I am not alone. :)