more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Z-Stick Gen5 issues but works with a Gen2  (Read 559 times)

April 29, 2016, 05:35:13 PM
Read 559 times

TrevorNewsome

• Information
Hello all,

I have just started looking into HG after spending many months using the openHAB project on my Raspberry Pi. I installed HG with ease and was quite impressed by the UI and excited due to the fact its all done in my favourite language C#. Unfortunately I came stuck when trying to get my AEOTEC 5th Gen Z-wave stick connected. I did all the usual, disable the serial logging, created a system link so I could always access it by a fixed name etc.. to cut a long story short I failed to get it to work.

I was lucky enough to have a Black ZStick Gen2 with me and tried that out of curiosity and it work straight away. When I went to the settings screen there was the ttyUSB0 in the ZWave device port drop down which I had never seen before, when I clicked on Discovery it found my devices (nodes).

This kind of leads me to the conclusion that for some reason, HG is not being able to recognise the device from the Update Pepper1Database. This is a totally new area for me, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some assistance as I would prefer to use Home Genie in future being a proficient C# programmer.

Thank you in advance.
Trev

April 30, 2016, 10:06:04 PM
Reply #1

tasioX

• Information
I have been using a Gen 5 without issue on an RPI.  What platform are you on?