more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How can i use Keyfob controller with HG ? with r451  (Read 3950 times)

December 28, 2014, 05:02:28 PM
Read 3950 times

beller

• Information
1. i have associated the 4 push-button keyfob device with the z-stick controller of HG.
2. i add the node id 29 to a group of devices in HG.
3. i can go to configuration->modules and read the battery status of the keyfob
4. i have setted association of group 1 to node 1 of HG
5. i set the keyfob in scene mode, 4 buttons can send 8 scene commands
5. i'm using r451 for this

all comunications appears configurated, but when i press a keyfob button i do't see any event in HG, also i try to "capture" same events in a HG wizard program but HG don't sense ùy keyfob press buttons

any advise why it appears not working ? is  something wrong on my steps ?

i would simply activate the alarm system and run a HG program...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 05:09:58 PM by beller »

December 28, 2014, 06:12:25 PM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
Which keyfob ?
If it's aeon lab and if your led appear red (instead green) perhaps you can try this :
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=81.msg348#msg348
Bye

December 28, 2014, 08:50:59 PM
Reply #2

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
And more detail here about the code that HG previously don't care about :
Code: [Select]
HG doesn't currently support the Scene Activation command class.
01 0A 00 04 00 17 04 >>2B<< 01 05 FF 32

December 29, 2014, 01:44:37 PM
Reply #3

beller

• Information
it's a aeon lab keyfob 4 buttons

you are right, setting variable id 250 to 1 and now the buttons works!
they send a generic number 1 for button 1, 2 for long press of button 1 ecc.

notes: need a long press of 1 button during the set of the variable id to wake up the device

1000 thanks!

February 03, 2015, 11:14:44 AM
Reply #4

VuSaKe

• Information
Hi,

I'm having the same problem as beller, when I press a button HG seems to not receive anything.

I've checked the variable id and is set in 1.

I have a zwave.me kfob_s. When I put the kfob in management mode i can send the device information to HG, but not outside management.

anyone has the same keyfob working? is there anything else I can check?

Edited: I'm using r474

February 03, 2015, 01:16:42 PM
Reply #5

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,

By launching HG in command line, you can check you have 28 in this type of zwave message :
Code: [Select]
01 0A 00 04 00 17 04 >>2B<< 01 05 FF 32when you press a button of your keyfob.

The association between HG and keyfob working fine ?

Bye

February 16, 2015, 10:15:01 PM
Reply #6

beller

• Information

attached is the automation program that allow to run a program when a key of the keyfob is pressed or longpressed

hope it can help

~beller

May 25, 2015, 12:52:58 PM
Reply #7

VuSaKe

• Information
Hi,

sorry for not answering nolio, i'm living overseas and i couldn't check it before.

I've finally bought the aeon labs key fob and it happens the same that happened to you, but i can't change the variable id (see picture).

If I try to set the variable value to 1 it doesn't do anything and in the logs says node timeout.

Also, when pressing the buttons i don't receive anything in homegenie logs, but i can get the info of the node and the battery level.

What can i do?

Thanks in advance!

May 25, 2015, 02:54:05 PM
Reply #8

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
When you want access a node with battery, it's better to wake up it before to send a command.
Generally, the equipement is wake up for around 10 secondes when you press the association button one time. If not press it 3 times.
Or you can wait is wake up alone but it's can happen sometimes in one day. You have to look the default value of the manufacture specifies.

May 25, 2015, 04:51:47 PM
Reply #9

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
I think there's a fix in latest update (r488) that might resolve the issue.

Cheers,
g.

May 25, 2015, 11:36:07 PM
Reply #10

VuSaKe

• Information
I've updated to r488 but remains the same.

I was able to add it to group 1, and set the variable value to 1, but still cant change the variable id.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.....?

The keyfob was associated with the z-stick without problem: i did it pressing the learn button on the back.

Then I added it to my group, pressed the learn button (the one on the right bottom as this manual says http://www.zwave.com.au/images/uploads/Aeon-Labs-Key-Fob-Manual.pdf), and pressed the get button in homegenie.

I get the node information, the battery level, the wake up interval, but still can't change the variable id (see picture attached)

Any ideas?

May 27, 2015, 12:15:10 PM
Reply #11

VuSaKe

• Information
I've also tried to modify manually the value on the json file to 1, remove the keyfob from the network, include it again, obtain the information and the variable id remains 250......

Don't know what else i can do.......

May 28, 2015, 03:47:42 AM
Reply #12

mikeH

• Information
Just as an FYI this is the same hack (250=1) that I just completed for my Minimote.  I'd guess that aeon has the same hardware inside these two devices.

May 31, 2015, 08:10:31 AM
Reply #13

VuSaKe

• Information
Thanks for the info mikeH, thats what i've been looking in the forum, but i don't know why i'm not able to change that value, and i don't know what else i can try.....  :'(

May 31, 2015, 06:12:45 PM
Reply #14

mikeH

• Information
I dropped it on another post here somewhere but you have to be slow with the unit.  From  what I could figure (although I Didn't have the patience to confirm) it looked like the minimize needed to be "awake" to be receptive to the set command.... It ALSO seemed like after waking it up (I'll look but it was one of the keys you hold down) it would be receptive for 30 seconds... However once ONE command is sent to it (to include checking settings) I had to wait the full 30 seconds, then reissue the awake before sending another command successfully.

Silly me, the wake up appears to be in highs is thread above... Hold the associate key down.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:14:26 PM by mikeH »