more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Amazon Echo / Alexa Bridge Interface  (Read 5774 times)

October 12, 2016, 09:09:03 PM
Read 5774 times

[email protected]

• Information
As discussed in other threads here is a copy of the interface driver I am working on.. its far from perfect at the moment and requires that you disable the UPNP service..

there is a hgx to add which adds a guid field and then a zip to install both are located here:

https://github.com/davidwallis3101/HomegenieEchoBridge

I've tried the console app on windows and you will need permissions to the port or to be running as admin (perms can be done via netsh iirc)  as for the PI it needs to be on a newer pi for the later frameworks. I have no plans to make it work on the older ones, spend some money!!

David

November 03, 2016, 07:19:27 PM
Reply #1

KaZe

• Information
Hi!

It's only works with "Testing" switches now?

November 03, 2016, 08:54:18 PM
Reply #2

[email protected]

• Information
Not quite sure what you mean, in terms of discovering modules, it only does switches and lights at the moment, but we could just add a param to modules to say "expose to alexa" or something?

Depends what people want it to do..

November 03, 2016, 11:59:06 PM
Reply #3

KaZe

• Information
Not quite sure what you mean, in terms of discovering modules, it only does switches and lights at the moment, but we could just add a param to modules to say "expose to alexa" or something?

Depends what people want it to do..

I get my Echo Dot Gen2 today. I can configure HA-Bridge, it's works. But I'd like to use Your program. How can I configure it? I turned off UPNP. I installed MIG and 1000-AmazonEcho.hgx program.
What is the next step? I see the IP setting in the MIG setting. What is this IP address? Is it echo's IP?
Thanks for your help.

November 04, 2016, 03:45:04 PM
Reply #4

[email protected]

• Information
To be honest I dont think that Ip does anything currently..

Import HGX file... (until I work out how to do this in the interface)
Disable upnp..
reboot (would say restart, but lets keep it simple)
Start service, monitor the logs, you should then be able to tell alexa to "discover" you should then see it find devices..

Bear in mind I'm using a rpi 3, I havent tested on anything other than a PC using the console test app, on that you need to run with admin permissions and I would suggest disabling the firewall as you will need UDP/1900 and TCP/8080 inbound.. but test by disabling so you can rule that out and ensure all is good.

the code currently only looks for switches and lights so you will need at least one switch or light for it to discover..

Any changes required let me know or submit a Pull req..

Cheers

November 04, 2016, 09:31:48 PM
Reply #5

KaZe

• Information
To be honest I dont think that Ip does anything currently..

Import HGX file... (until I work out how to do this in the interface)
Disable upnp..
reboot (would say restart, but lets keep it simple)
Start service, monitor the logs, you should then be able to tell alexa to "discover" you should then see it find devices..

Bear in mind I'm using a rpi 3, I havent tested on anything other than a PC using the console test app, on that you need to run with admin permissions and I would suggest disabling the firewall as you will need UDP/1900 and TCP/8080 inbound.. but test by disabling so you can rule that out and ensure all is good.

the code currently only looks for switches and lights so you will need at least one switch or light for it to discover..

Any changes required let me know or submit a Pull req..

Cheers

Unfortunately, it looks like that not working on Ubuntu 16.04 linux :(

November 08, 2016, 01:40:13 PM
Reply #6

[email protected]

• Information
Your pic doesn't tell me anything..

As I said that ip address box does nothing.. iirc it should be populated with the text "not used currently" when you install..

If not I may need to do a new build..  or push a commit that hasnt gone.

November 08, 2016, 01:58:06 PM
Reply #7

KaZe

• Information
I think, this modul not active. You can see (red circle) on the picture, Z-Wave active, but amazon echo interface not.

November 09, 2016, 11:12:45 AM
Reply #8

[email protected]

• Information
I would ignore what the icon says as I dont know if I need to code it to do that, and have a look at what the homegenie log says when you enable the interface :)

November 09, 2016, 06:50:17 PM
Reply #9

KaZe

• Information
I would ignore what the icon says as I dont know if I need to code it to do that, and have a look at what the homegenie log says when you enable the interface :)
This is the log.
Code: [Select]
"2016-11-09 18:42:49.5878 Info WebServiceGateway 10.1.1.98 HTTP GET 200 /api/MIGService.Interfaces/HomeAutomation.EchoBridge/IsEnabled.Set/1// [OPEN]"
2016-11-09 18:42:49.5992 Debug Enabling Interface HomeAutomation.EchoBridge
2016-11-09 18:42:49.5992 Info Connecting to Homegenie API [192.168.0.161] to discover valid devices

The HomeGenie API IP address wrong. My HG IP address 10.1.1.202.

November 15, 2016, 11:09:42 AM
Reply #10

[email protected]

• Information
Ok, let me take a look, what OS are you running?

November 15, 2016, 11:11:02 AM
Reply #11

[email protected]

• Information
Also are you running the test app there or the actual HG interface?

The zip file can be installed as an interface and it should use the machines local address for connecting, if you are using the test app then that was hardcoded with one of my test box ip addresses.

November 15, 2016, 12:16:12 PM
Reply #12

KaZe

• Information
Also are you running the test app there or the actual HG interface?

The zip file can be installed as an interface and it should use the machines local address for connecting, if you are using the test app then that was hardcoded with one of my test box ip addresses.

Hi!

My OS is Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS X64 virtual machine under Hyper-V. HG version: 1.1 beta r525

I was install MIG-EchoBridge.zip under HG interfaces, and install 1000-AmazonEcho.hgx too.

Amazon echo program works fine. I see the Echo feature under my switch ( and test switches too) Feature/option section.

November 16, 2016, 12:31:20 PM
Reply #13

[email protected]

• Information
It hasn't added a guid though.. when it finds switches, it should append that with a guid.

Let me double check what build is up on github tonight :)

December 01, 2016, 10:41:35 PM
Reply #14

jay

• Information
Can i get help with this please?

I followed the below steps:
1. Configure / Programs / Ungrouped / Import
2. Imported the homegenie.hgx file.
3. disabled upnp restarted
4. Amazon Echo shows up under switches, the icon for echo is purple
5. my Echo does not discover the devices from HG.. I do have a hue hub thats configured in Echo ( not sure if this is creating a conflict).

please help.

Thanks,