more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Danfoss living connect z settings issue  (Read 3646 times)

January 18, 2015, 12:17:02 PM
Read 3646 times

bdimir

• Information
Hello again,

I have rPi and z-wave.me usb stick. I have connected Danfoss living connect z, I manually set temperature to be +21C. On z-way soft it works fine. But HG shows wrong, see screenshot attached. What can I do to make it work on HG? Thanks in advance.

January 20, 2015, 04:51:29 PM
Reply #1

Daniele

• Information
Hello,

I seem to have the same problem. The thermostats show up but it is not possible for me to set the temperature. communication only works if I manually wake the devices up by pressing the connect button. As I am not that experienced I have a hard time to troubleshoot but hope to get some good suggestions here. Without support for the devices I will not be able to use the system which will be a shame as overall I like HomeGenie a lot.

Regards,
Daniel

January 21, 2015, 07:45:54 PM
Reply #2

TouaregNL

• Information
Hello

Same problem here. I have a Banana pi and z-wave.me usb stick.
In the setup page I can get information:
Manufacturer Specific = 0002:0005:0004
Wake Up Interval = 300s
Basic Value = ? (operation timeout!)
Battery Level = 89%

On the operations page I get 0 degrees and heat to 37.78 degrees (no matter what I set the values to, these values stay the same)

Can anyone tell me where I could search for a solution?
Or did someone resolve this issue already?

January 22, 2015, 09:34:29 PM
Reply #3

TouaregNL

• Information
Hello,

I found some more details about this problem.

When I set any temperature in HG, The temperature of the Danfoss is set to 4 degrees.

When I set the temperature on the Danfoss, the "heat to:"changes, but not correctly and not linear. eg. :
Danfoss -> HG
5                 -3.89
10               10
15                23.89
20                37,78
25                51,67

The temperature always shows 0 degrees.
Can someone point me in the right direction to debug this?

February 08, 2015, 01:21:19 PM
Reply #4

TouaregNL

• Information
Hello,

I found the cause of the problem.
It is in de Fahrenheit/Celsius conversion.

I made some modifications to the source, and now when I change the Temperature on the Danfoss, it shows up in HG at the right temperature.
When I change the temperature in HG It is transfered correctly to the Danfoss ;D

Only 1 issue left. Because the Danfoss is battery operated it only communicates during WakeUp. This means when I sent a SetPoint to the Danfoss I get a node x Timeout.
When I wake up the Danfoss by pressing the middle button and than changing the temperature in HG, it commuinicates the temperature.

So my question is: How to communicate the temperature from HG to the Danfoss so that it communicates the Set temperature on Wakeup? :-\

February 08, 2015, 06:50:42 PM
Reply #5

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi TouaregNL,

please use latest source code as it should contain fixes to the z-wave thermostat handler. It also has message queueing, so once the device wakes up, HG will send commands it could not send when the device was asleep.
Since you've a thermostat I would appreciate if you can test from latest source code and eventually share and bug fixing you may apply.

Cheers,
g.

February 09, 2015, 07:54:24 PM
Reply #6

TouaregNL

• Information
Hi Gene,

I did a liitle test and it is working correctly now
Thanx a lot for the update  :D. The next couple of days I'll do some more testing and let you know about the results

Because the Danfoss does not register temperature, I would like to show the temperature from an alternate sensor. Is this possible from a trigger/program?

February 21, 2015, 09:21:29 PM
Reply #7

sonixde

• Information
Hi all

I'm running a raspberry with HG r478.
I added a Danfoss living connect 013 (Hash 0002-0005-0003).

When I set a temperature at the Danfoss and press the middle button it will show up in HG.
But the other way when I set a temperature in HG it will not show up at the Danfoss. I've waited for one hour and more. Nothing happened.

Any suggestions what I did wrong?

Thx

October 14, 2015, 03:50:29 PM
Reply #8

Maximo

• Information
I know this is an old thread, but has this problem been resolved at all? I'm looking to change my manual TRV's for these in the hope I can zone my heating system better.

Thanks,

Garry

November 16, 2015, 09:56:14 AM
Reply #9

zarkov74

• Information
Dear All.
I'm running HomeGenie (beta 4.93) on a raspberry, using a Z-Stick 2E (firmware upgrated to latest version).
HomeGenie functions well for other z-wave nodes (dimmer and roller shutter), but I have problems with Danfoff living connect.
The sistem (both stick and also  HG) includes the Danfoss node into the system, but after few tens of seconds, the comunication system/danfoss falls, and the message E5 on the danfoss appears.
I sent the command as mentioned on the danfoss manual, changing the "Wake up interval" in the firs second after the inclusion, and all seem to be ok, but something does not function well after.
Please help me because the winter is coming :-)