more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Updated Widgets & Plugins for older Z-Wave thermostat  (Read 1292 times)

September 28, 2015, 03:05:55 AM
Read 1292 times

michmill

• Information
Attached are updated versions of the generic thermostat widget, timetable program, and Z-Wave thermostat poll program to work with older Z-Wave thermostats like the 2GIG CT30.  I've done my best to test them, but until someone with more experience with the HomeGenie API takes a look, these should be considered Beta release quality.

The two programs, Z-Wave Full Poll and Timetable, should run unmodified.  There are a few places in the Generic Thermostat Widget where the user will need to define the display units.  Do a search in the Javascript part of the widget for var displayUnit = 'Fahrenheit'; and set it to your preferred scale.

The issue specifically with the CT30, and I don't know if there is a bug in HG or the CT30, is the data returned from the CT30 is always in Celsius.  Sending information to the CT30 must be in the units displayed on the CT30.  Since I can't see the raw Z-Wave stream, I can't tell if HG is doing conversion one way and not the other, or if this a quirk of the CT30.

Here's what I changed to get it working for me.  All programs have been modified to send either Celsius or Fahrenheit depending on settings, and receive only Celsius.

Change Log:
Z-Wave Full Poll
* Majority rewrite of the existing Z-Wave poll program.
* Polls for current temperature, Mode, and heat/cool setpoints

Timetable
* CT30 doesn't support HeatEconomy or CoolEconomy commands (that I can see)
* Added parameters to allow a user to define Heat, Heat Economy, Cool, and Cool Economy setpoints
* Added a parameter to specify setpoints in Fahrenheit or Celsius

Generic Thermostat Widget
* Numerous changes to support receiving data in Celsius, but display in Fahrenheit

Please let me know if you've tried them and how they work.  Also, I'll do my best to respond to any questions on this thread.

Cheers,
Mike

October 28, 2015, 06:42:29 PM
Reply #1

at2tech

• Information
could someone clarify the import process for me

thanks