more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Z-Wave: Remotes  (Read 1394 times)

September 16, 2015, 01:23:49 AM
Read 1394 times

gustavo

• Information
I was able to get my minimote associated with HG eventually, but I believe that the way it's being recognized is problematic.  As a basic sensor, when I press a button the status is "1.0" or "2.0" or "3.0" etc depending on the button press.

This makes sense for senors, the device is updating its state.  But for remotes, I believe the logic is wrong.  After the state switches to "1.0" it should automatically switch back to "0.0".  The way, a button press can be followed by the same button press to trigger logic.

Otherwise, if I have code that says "If the state changes to 1.0 do X" - works the first time I press the button, but not the second time.  E.g. say I have button 1 setup to turn on all of the lights in the house.  Eventually the lights get turned off through various means and I want to turn them all on again.  If I press the 1 button again, it does nothing, because the state of the sensor did not change.  If the state change is to "1.0" followed by "0.0" immediately after, then I can have logic based on button repeats, and overall use the remote in a much cleaner way.

September 16, 2015, 06:50:26 AM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Try the attacched program. It will add a new feature "Level Autoreset" to sensor type modules in Z-Wave domain. Once the program is activated you can configure the autoreset delay in milliseconds from the module options dialog.

g.

EDIT: updated hgx file with few optimizations
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:26:54 AM by Gene »

December 15, 2015, 06:28:38 AM
Reply #2

bbrg548

• Information
I just got my own minimote and got it working, and added this program. I get the autoreset option, but it's not resetting. Is there something I might have configured wrong?

Try the attacched program. It will add a new feature "Level Autoreset" to sensor type modules in Z-Wave domain. Once the program is activated you can configure the autoreset delay in milliseconds from the module options dialog.

g.

EDIT: updated hgx file with few optimizations