more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Gmail 2-step verification  (Read 991 times)

January 06, 2016, 10:47:18 PM
Read 991 times

MJCfromCT

• Information
Hi - I enabled two-step verification in my gmail account, and in the process broke HG's ability to send me email notifications.  Aside from disabling two-step verification, is there a way to get HomeGenie to play nice with gmail's two-step verification?

Thanks!

January 06, 2016, 10:50:11 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There are a few threads here discussing getting yahoo mail and gmail working on HG.  If you are using RPi, you have to install the certificates component of mono to get things working.  With yahoo, you have to set up an app specific password, too.  I don't know if gmail requires that as I haven't been using my gmail with HG.

January 06, 2016, 11:41:43 PM
Reply #2

MJCfromCT

• Information
Thanks bkenobi.  I already had gmail working with HG, but after enabling two-step verification within my Google account, I had problems.

January 07, 2016, 07:43:38 PM
Reply #3

Void

• Information
You need to create an specific password for your HG instalation (And put this pass in your HG smtp config)

Look here :

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

:)

January 11, 2016, 12:57:44 AM
Reply #4

petediscrete

• Information
Simplest solution is to set up another gmail account without 2 step verification and use that solely for HG. Don't forget to change to the new email address in the HG configuration.

January 11, 2016, 04:34:31 PM
Reply #5

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
With Yahoo you can have both 2 step verification and app specific passwords.  I haven't tried with GMail, but I'd hope you wouldn't need a new email just for HG.