more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How do I make desktop status changes automatically change on a tablet?  (Read 822 times)

October 30, 2015, 04:36:09 PM
Read 822 times

Acorlin

• Information
I have been running HomeGenie on a desktop computer with no issues for some time. I recently (with help from Gene ) was able to load HG on a Cruz Android tablet running Android 2.3.1.. I use the tablet as a "portable HG control." When I change the state of a switch or light using the tablet the desktop shows the appropriate change as well. The problem is when I change the desktop the corresponding tablet switch or light state does NOT change.

In other words how do I make desktop changes show up automatically on the tablet?

I would also like to know if there is a way to make the laptop and tablet show the status of switches and lights when they are manually changed.

I have looked through the HomeGenie forums and must have missed the answer. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?
Thank you.
Alan

October 30, 2015, 07:36:59 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Android status:  This is an issue with the Android app.  It does not show the status change unless you change views.  At one point, you had to close the app and reload it, but I believe the current version only requires changing to a different group.

Manual switch status:  This depends on the type of system you are using.  I use X10 and there are only a couple modules that send their status over PLC.  The vast majority simply change the module state (on/off/dim) without any kind of status.  Because of this, it is not possible to have HG (or any HA system) know the correct state of the module.  If you use a different system that does send a status (i.e., Insteon does for some if not all modules), then HG should change the status.  Be aware that even if status is updated, noise or other interference in your setup could cause a sync problem where HG could have missed a status and think a module is on when it's really off.

October 30, 2015, 08:11:37 PM
Reply #2

Acorlin

• Information