more G-Labs products

Author Topic: state machine?  (Read 378 times)

March 09, 2017, 03:46:26 PM
Read 378 times

[email protected]

• Information
How are people doing something based on occupancy of room?

For example I am thinking where I have multiple devices in a room, I want to take last activity time from each of these and then roll these up into the state of the room, IE say when a room was last occupied.

A room would then be a member of a floor, building etc..

IE front room occupied would roll up into the house is occupied, the ground floor is occupied..

This to be seems an ideal candidate for a state machine and people like Ian Mercer (abodit.com) have written some excellent software for just this purpose..

David

March 09, 2017, 04:54:00 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There is a multi-sensor feature that could combine multiple sensors into a single virtual module.  I haven't used it, but it seems like it might be a good fit for your need.

I have one set of lights on the south side of my house that covers a large area.  There is a path that goes all the way along that side and I wanted them to turn on if someone were to walk from either direction along the path.  I could have installed a single motion detector at each end and triggered them to the same X10 address, but that could lead to unwanted results.  For example, walk from one end to the other and stay at the far end.  When the first side times out, it will send an off command even though the second sensor is sending on commands.  Instead, I have both with independent HC/UC and use an app in HG to decide if either sent an on command within a timeout period.