more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Razberry module compatibility  (Read 3645 times)

May 18, 2014, 02:30:53 PM
Read 3645 times

christw

• Information
Hi,
I came across this peace of software and it looks like it is very nice.
I was very enthusiastic to get it working on my newest purchase (Razberry module for raspberry pi). I was quite disappointed when I found out that the Razberry module is not very much supported yet.
I'd really like to use this software, especially because of the automation part (e.g. turning light on when door gets opened).

I'd really appreciate if homegenie will be supported with this tiny, awesome module :D

Razberry Module:
http://razberry.z-wave.me/

May 19, 2014, 05:13:55 AM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There was a thread within the last week or two where two users and Gene (the author) were trying to figure out support.  I believe both users decided in the end that it was not a very good module and gave up on it.  I'd recommend reviewing the thread to see if there's any more that you can learn about the future of Razberry module compatibility.

May 20, 2014, 09:20:51 PM
Reply #2

dutchie

• Information
The thread was here: http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=170.

My conclusion was that HG is OK and the Raz is not, couldn't even get it to work with Original software, so I bought a z-stick  ;)

(Even considering sending my Razberry to Gene)

May 25, 2014, 10:46:02 AM
Reply #3

d-home78

• Information
Hi,
just to say that my Razberry is now working fine. I reviewed the configuration of the serial port as explained on the forum and found an error in mine.
HG is great. Keep on going and "bravo",

May 25, 2014, 10:48:15 AM
Reply #4

mvdarend

• Information
Good to hear that it does work, I'm going to try mine again soon. I'm probably just missing something simple in HG, as the Razberry itself seems to work fine.

August 01, 2015, 09:31:26 PM
Reply #5

pim555

• Information
Also similar findings from my side.

After using HG for about a year with X10 only, recently decided to start migrating to Z-wave as I never got X10 to work 100% consistent and reliable. Have bought a razberry plugin board and some in wall as well as plugin switches.

Spend about half a day trying to figure out why HG would not consistently recognize new Z-wave modules and in the end realized that since the serial port is used for Razberry, this needs to be disabled from being used by the console. Exact changes to be made can be found below:
http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/raspberry-pi-serial-port

All seems pretty much stable now and a breeze to work with compared to X10.

regards
Pim.

August 02, 2015, 06:47:48 PM
Reply #6

mvdarend

• Information
Thanks for that pim555, I've still got my Razberry somewhere, I'll see if I can get it working.