more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Thermostats / Timetable / Heat Cool Off how does it all fit together  (Read 2868 times)

October 07, 2015, 11:58:35 PM
Read 2868 times

Mnemonic

• Information
Hi,

I am trying to get my Thermostats Working, and in that process I am wondering how the timetable fit into this regarding thermostats.

I can set from 1-10 different timetables, but what is used when?
I can enable Timetable on each of my thermostats, but which one is it using?
I can write a number in the Thermostats setup for each of the following: Weekend, Work days, Holidays and Special days, but what am I supposed to write in the fields?

My goal is actually to turn down the heat at night, but shut it off completely, but maybe have 21C in the day time and 18C at night time.

How can I accomplish this?

Hope someone is able to answer my questions.

Best Regards
Brian

October 08, 2015, 02:11:34 PM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
In the widget TimeTable you a calendar button which allows you to change the kind of each day of the year. Week-end, Working day, Holidays or Special days.

After regardless to that calendar for exemple if today is a Working day, the timetable program will use the timetable number define in your thermostat for the working day, if it's a Week-end, the timetable program will use the timetable number define in your thermostat for the Week-end and so on.

Cheers
Dani

October 29, 2015, 05:30:54 PM
Reply #2

evanspae

• Information
Hi,

I am trying to get my Thermostats Working, and in that process I am wondering how the timetable fit into this regarding thermostats.

I can write a number in the Thermostats setup for each of the following: Weekend, Work days, Holidays and Special days, but what am I supposed to write in the fields?

My goal is actually to turn down the heat at night, but shut it off completely, but maybe have 21C in the day time and 18C at night time.

Best Regards
Brian

October 29, 2015, 05:34:59 PM
Reply #3

evanspae

• Information
Hi,

Best Regards
Brian

Like some other uses, I am still confused on the possible combined use of the Thermostat and timetable function.
I can successfully control my switches by timetable or by a manual thermostat setting but not in a combined timetable thermostat mode (1.1 beta r498).

My target functionality is to have be able to program a set point at pre defined time slots eg;

Mon through Friday (Workdays in say timetable 1)

* 06:30 to 8:30 say Stat set at temp1
   * 08:80 to 17:00 say Stat at temp2
   * 17:00 to 21:00 say Stat at temp3
   * 21:00 to 24:00 say Stat at temp4

Sat Through Sunday (Weekend in say timetable 1)

* 06:30 to 8:30 say Stat set at temp5
   * 08:80 to 17:00 say Stat at temp6
   * 17:00 to 21:00 say Stat at temp7
   * 21:00 to 24:00 say Stat at temp8

So a Thermostat timetable can be programmed with OFF to Away but there seems no way to program a stat with a Set point value? Am I missing something.

Tanks in anticipation,

October 29, 2015, 07:20:03 PM
Reply #4

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi evanspae,

only thermostat modes can be programmed with the TT wiget you cannot specify a setpoint.
So I get this as a feature request to implement at some point.

g.

October 29, 2015, 11:13:30 PM
Reply #5

evanspae

• Information
OK,

I am just keen to know system constraints, thanks for response

October 31, 2015, 10:34:18 AM
Reply #6

DavZero

• Information
Hi,

I'm trying to developp a new thermostat for a french installation (a boiler for all the house) which will be a lot simplier than the existing one :
No Fan
No Clim
A programation per thermostat, any number of setpoint, at specific time (not need the timetable)
Actually, I haven't think about manage working day, week end, holiday because I'll manage a presence sensor to do this, but it probably be possible to add this feture without lot of work.
A button for "Off" or "Auto".
As the existing thermostat, we could create any number of thermostat and associate a temperature sensor on each of them, but because I have only one boiler, the associated switch was unique.

This dev will contain too a Thermostat Manager, which is a widget for global on/off/frost all thermostats, manage presence (Force In, Force Out or Auto) and associate to the boiler switch to activate it if one or most of the thermostat need to heat

I will try to provide this dev as soon as it is in a working state.

My problem is actually to manage the table of setpoint (add/remove in the widget and send it to the C# program), but I work on it and I'm near a solution.

Bye
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:36:18 AM by DavZero »

November 19, 2015, 07:24:16 PM
Reply #7

DavZero

• Information
Hi,

I continu to work on a new virtual thermostat but I have a problem. I need to open a popup from a popup.
The second one doesn't appear without any error and it seems to be a limitation on "jQuery" (not sure).
I find some tips on google but not sur what is the best way to do this. My goal is to open an "option popup" on which I've put a timetable and the open a popup to set region of the timetable to a specific value (like the original TimeTable does).
So the workflow is :
Open the timetable popup
   Open the set popup
      Set some value and validate
   Close the set popup
   Reflect the update in the Timetable popup
Close the timetable popup

Thanks for help.

November 19, 2015, 07:50:02 PM
Reply #8

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Use the helper function HG.WebApp.Utility.SwitchPopup:

Code: [Select]
var currentPopup = $(...);
var newPopup = $(...);
var utils = HG.WebApp.Utility;
utils.SwitchPopup(currentPopup, newPopup, false);

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/blob/dd05aa8c179d6244ccd26cfbb314d9c17141444d/BaseFiles/Common/html/js/api/homegenie.webapp.js#L655

g.

November 19, 2015, 09:03:37 PM
Reply #9

DavZero

• Information

November 23, 2015, 08:02:39 PM
Reply #10

DavZero

• Information
Hi,

so this is where I am in the developpement of a programmable thermostat.
Please find attach a widget and a program.
In order to use it you should modify the program in order to add a switch per thermostat or uncomment the "boiler logic" if you want all the thermostat to manage the same switch.
The widget and the program works but :
 - I have a problem with the integration of the timetable in a popup, How can I manage the size of the popup to be large enough for the timetable
 - As you can see, I've start to manage the boiler switch in the program. Should it be done like that or is it preferable to make a specific program for the boiler logic?
 - Actually I check the timetable every minute (in the time I check the temperature). Should I use timer for do this the least possible in order to save CPU time or it doesn't matter ?
 - It's works only with °C, I haven't implemented the management of °F

Please tell me any modification you want, if I could I will implement it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:09:43 PM by DavZero »

December 12, 2015, 05:46:40 PM
Reply #11

Artizan

• Information
RE: Higher Temperature Setting- I have  five DS18b20 sensors on a RPi2 coupled to one GPIO pin & working with the basic thermostat - working great. Problem is I cannot set the temperature any higher than 35 degrees C. I have altered the code in the widget to go up to 60 degrees and it works on the widget page but when I go back to the home home page all the thermostats remain unchanged with the highest temp setting still 35 C .
I have tried exporting temperature widget and renaming but when I import it does not show up on widget list - I am using latest 506 update. Any Ideas? many thanks. :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:52:30 PM by Artizan »

December 12, 2015, 05:52:57 PM
Reply #12

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Artizan,

widgets are cached, so refresh the page to make changes visible.

g.

February 02, 2016, 04:22:42 PM
Reply #13

kevin1

• Information
Now that I have a zwave thermostat, looking for status on how this widget/app are coming along?  Does this one allow changing setpoint so during workdays the heat can be turned down then set back to desired temp in the evening?  Kind of like a non-zwave programmable thermostat...
   M-F at 8am set heat 63degF

M-F at 4pm set heat 69degF