more G-Labs products

Author Topic: x10 cm15 pro seems to have stopped working  (Read 1692 times)

June 28, 2014, 04:41:50 AM
Read 1692 times

chas

• Information
Had simple lights on/off working for x10 lamp modules.  I'm using a cm15a connected to a win 7 machine.  As I said this did work, put the project on hold for a couple weeks, came back and it doesn't work.  I've upgraded to r375, since that's the only change I know.

I've done some obvious debugging, deleted devices and re-created. Restarted the server, unplugged and replugged the cm15. enabled/disabled devices. On the interfaces screen it shows the correct port (cm15 pro - usb). The house codes are correct, etc. 

I finally noticed that on the upper right status area of the screen I have three icons a "z" for zwave an "x" for x10 and the blue button for events.  The "x" icon is dimmed out.  To me this signifies something, but for the life of me, I don't know what. 

For what it's worth I have an old copy of active home and tried that.  lights turn on and off just fine. So usb driver, the cm15, and such all seem to be working.

Any ideas?

June 30, 2014, 04:17:56 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It sounds like the CM15 works, so it must be something to do with HG communication.  Perhaps you could verify that the HG sees commands that are received by the CM15.  Try running HG and going to the activity log.  Then, send a command with some kind of transmitter (palm pad, plug in transmitter, switch that transmits, motion sensor, etc).  If you see the activity, you'll know that HG is working with the CM15 and you can move on to figuring out why HG isn't working.