more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Updating the 5.x version  (Read 972 times)

December 02, 2015, 09:59:27 PM
Read 972 times

boblablah

• Information
I grabbed the beta version when I receive notification it was available... installed on an rpi2 with a zwave stick.  It works fine...
except I can;t upgrade or update.  It simply claims to download the files from sourceforge, claims to extract them, but I never get the option to actually install these updates... that never lights up.

Is there a command-line means to do this as the update archives are already on the device now?

December 02, 2015, 10:57:26 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
what browser are you using? Is there any error in the javascript console? can you post a screenshot of the messages in the install popup?

December 03, 2015, 09:46:18 AM
Reply #2

mvdarend

• Information
I'm seeing the same problem, haven't had much time to look at it (I was planning on doing that this weekend), but here is how I managed to get the update to continue:

Running HomeGenie on Windows 2012R2 with Chrome as my browser client side.

After clicking 'Install Update' it seems to go well, Starting With DOWNLOADING..., COMPRESSING..., COMPLETED...

After that it pauses, usually this is where the 'Install' button lights up, but that doesn't happen in my case.

Workaround: (this works in chrome, haven't tried it in other browsers, but the procedure should be possible.)

- Press F12 for the developer console
- Tab 'Elements'
- Find the button with ID 'configure_system_updateinstall_button'
- Remove the class ui-disabled

The button should now light up and you can then click it.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:51:47 AM by mvdarend »