more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Motion Sensor to trigger email  (Read 1532 times)

September 28, 2014, 03:21:55 AM
Read 1532 times

sasonion

• Information
Hi All,
I am trying out Home Genie on WinXP I have setup Aeotec Multi Sensor and I can see Humidity, Temp, Level (Motion) and Lumens (needs to fix the bug). But now I want the HG to send an email whenever the Motion Sensor is triggered. However, I am not sure how to setup EMAIL in my HG. I have looked at the examples in the HG website however I dont seem to have anything in Automation menu (Configure -> Automation) everything is zero. I am assuming here that it would come with some default plugins in Automation but I have nothing. When I go under messaging and social I have nothing and I did try to setup email but I am lost and cannot seem to find any guide on where to begin. I would appreciate any help with this. My intention is to use HG for two motion sensors and Switches. Thanks in advance

November 28, 2014, 11:58:08 AM
Reply #1

Bitcraze

• Information
Hi,

Could you send some instructions on how to get an email sent on movement?

Will be much appreciated.

December 01, 2014, 05:09:29 PM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
If the automation menu is empty then something is wrong with your installation.  Restart HG and check again.  If it still is empty, I'd reinstall HG and try again.

Setting up email is done through the email setup within Automation->Messaging...->Email

There are some test programs in the forum that will send an email to verify your settings.  Once that works, you can modify the test to trigger on your motion sensor.