more G-Labs products

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH Aeon Labs Energy Meter CONFIG  (Read 8861 times)

February 13, 2015, 04:28:56 AM
Reply #15

hybridview

• Information
I just noticed in an earlier post that you mention your HEM was added as Node 2. In your debug log and screen shot, it is using node 4. I'm starting to think that your nodes might be messed up. It might be worth resetting HG to default and try again,. Just stop the service and copy all of the XML files from the original source (or try reinstall?).

Also, I've never seen someone with a HEM have it assigned to anything but node 5. It might not be an issue, but it could be a symptom.

If your HEM is saving the variables that you are setting (confirm by doing a get on the variable to see if it changed), then there is hope that the HEM is fine and its just a HG config issue.

Tomorrow, I will try to post some data from my node config file for comparison.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:30:34 AM by hybridview »

February 13, 2015, 01:31:25 PM
Reply #16

lfiocco

• Information
The hem does save the values. I reset the hem. I Re flashed the firm ware on both z stick and hem.

When I click on get kwh I don't see a value after 06

If click on battery I get 100%.

Is there another way to talk to the hem using the usb cable?

I will move the hem to node 5 see if that changes anything.

In the manual the us a bunch of cmds. I wondering if I can assign a com port to it and use puttyser to set via com

I have the hem connected around my 2 mains. I live in Canada. Here we get 120 on both. 180 degrees out of phase and together they make 240.

I removed the batteries powering it from usb.

When I click the button on the hem I see node wakeup 1

I have another z wave device. It works. I see the cmds

February 13, 2015, 02:59:01 PM
Reply #17

hybridview

• Information
I've got the same environment as you, so that should be helpful.

* Same power line and phase configuration (I'm in New England).
* I am running my HEM off of USB power and have not installed batteries yet.
* Clamp on each phase.

Here are my notes taken when I first installed HG. It explains the steps I took to add my HEM.

(With ZSTICK plugged in to computer)
(HEM device blinking, indicating it is not connected to ZWAVE network)

Navigate to: Configure / Interfaces
Enable Zwave Interface
Select Device Port (mine is com3).

Below, I am 95% sure I have the details right. Will need to redo some day to confirm.
Click "Discovery" and wait for message to say discovery started.
Go to HEM device, open battery cover, and press the little button inside.
   HEM should stop blinking.
   HOMEGENIE should say something like "Updated Node 5"

February 13, 2015, 11:35:31 PM
Reply #18

lfiocco

• Information
I don't know whats going on here. I am about to throw this thing against the wall. including the pc.

I reinstalled the drivers com3,
I reinstalled HG.
I updated the stick
I updated the hem.
I can talk to the hem set/get.
I hard reset the stick. this will remove all the devices. I added the hem. it pop up as node 2. I removed it. I re-added it. Node 3...etc... until I got to node 5. (this should not make any difference! if I had 5 nodes and added the hem what would happen?

if I sit at the debug window and watch the traffic i don't get reports from the hem. no hex traffic. if i send a request it works for battery and basic only. Not watts or any useful value. But on it's own no!

now. can I hard reset this hem?

can I see if it works with another application. I am trying process of elimination. I want to rule out homegenie first. I really believe the hem is screwed. but how come this is only affecting readings?

is there anything else I can do before I send it back?

February 14, 2015, 03:30:49 PM
Reply #19

hybridview

• Information
Hmm.. I'm running out of ideas. I just installed batteries in my HEM last night and after plugging in USB, the red light turned off on the HEM and data stopped coming in. I had to open the battery box and press the button inside to turn it back on. Is the red light on your HEM on and solid (not blinking)?

For direct com to HEM, I've never tried since I didn't have a need. I think I saw some other open source projects that had a little utility that allowed direct COM for debugging. Might be worth looking into.

February 14, 2015, 05:50:08 PM
Reply #20

lfiocco

• Information
when it's part of the network it's on solid. when its looking for a z wave network it's blinking.

thanks for your help. I will return this for an exchange. I will post my finding

February 15, 2015, 09:25:08 PM
Reply #21

lfiocco

• Information
I download a version of Homeseer 30 trial, I installed and configured the HEM, guess what?

the crappy thing still did not work! there is something wrong here! it's going back. it does not send data.

has anyone been able to get readings from Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW078-ZWUS Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy? this is a high power switch and energy monitor.

Can Homegenie do both?

February 15, 2015, 10:09:48 PM
Reply #22

hybridview

• Information
Yeah. Sounds like a dead HEM. Let us know how the replacement works.

February 16, 2015, 10:05:50 PM
Reply #23

beller

• Information
this my var differences:

1=230 (i suppose you have 110 because your are in usa or another country ar 110v?!?)
101=2
102=0
103=0
111=720
112=720
113=720

attached the program that i use to poll the device every 43sec. (i tryed to do it with a less time but appears that the program lock), after 2 minutes you must see the events.png for clamp1 and 2

Node must have name "Home Energy Counter", i'm using HG r453 but it's working from years.. you can find some old my post on the old forum at sourceforge hg

good luck  :)

thank you for all the help. I am learning a lot. but still no go.

Specs about the Products
------------------------
Node 1 = AEODSA02203-US Z-Stick S2 (USB/Com3)
Node 2 = DSB09104-ZWUS Aeon-Labs HEM (2 Clamps) Manufacturer Specific = 0086:0002:0009

HomeGenie_1_00_beta_r478 / Windows7 X64

Parameters in HomeGenie Setup GET/SET

1 = 110
3 = 0
4 = 50
5 = 50
6 = 50
7 = 50
8 = 10
9 = 10
10 = 10
11 = 10
12 = 0
101 = 770
102 = 0
103 = 0
111 = 30
112 = 30
113 = 30

ZWaveNode.NodeInfo 04 21 01 70 31 72 86 32 80 85

Meter Watt Poll = Green

Energy Monitor Graph is getting zero's,

I named my Node "Home Energy Counter"

I am getting zeros everywhere..

I have a default install, no extra programs added or changes.

please help

March 04, 2015, 05:20:17 PM
Reply #24

lfiocco

• Information
Update to the long story.

I just got my new device. I paired it and configure it as the specs on the other page and it's now working.

Great. Thank you for your help.

The node does not make any difference.