more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Priority based scheduler/ event handler  (Read 639 times)

October 08, 2016, 11:07:34 AM
Read 639 times

reza

• Information
I wrote some code to allow me to setup prioritized events to control my devices.  For example, when the sun sets turn on the lights with a priority of 50.  Another rule says to turn off the lights after midnight with a priority of 60.  Yet another says when I enter a geofence to turn the lights on if the sun has set and set that to a priority of 70.   For each device, it determines which rule has is valid and has the highest priority then takes that action.  Seems to be working fairly well and I found an iphone app that supports triggering URLs based on geofencing.

I think this forum is dead (no one has ever replied to any of my posts), but I'm happy to share the code if someone wants it. Written in c# as well.

October 09, 2016, 04:11:23 AM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I wouldn't say the forum is "dead", but there are certain types of topics that get a lot more attention/replies than others.  I've had the same situation both here and other forums where I ask a question that doesn't get any response.  The reason (my guess anyway) was that the knowledge/interest base of users where I posted was not in line with my question.  I think this is interesting and would read more about it, but I don't have a need for it hence I'd likely not post in such a thread.

October 09, 2016, 07:06:43 AM
Reply #2

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
Not "dead" ! But there is less and less activities since the program have all (or nearly all) functionalities and no bug.
Therefore, Member (include me) doesn't have program skill (except for little programs :-)), so code question based around 90% on Gene (like the homegenie-packages code) ...

However, you can post your app in forum part "app contributions" and here :
https://github.com/genielabs/homegenie-packages/tree/master/packages

Bye

October 10, 2016, 10:10:24 AM
Reply #3

mvdarend

• Information
I'd be interested in seeing your code too, I can think of a few scenarios where this would be handy to have in HomeGenie.

I think this forum is dead (no one has ever replied to any of my posts), but I'm happy to share the code if someone wants it. Written in c# as well.
I haven't been very active myself for the past few months (moving house), but I've looked through your previous posts and think that your questions might be too difficult for the average forum user. I've made quite a few things for HG myself, but a number of your posts are way over my head and I have no idea how to answer them, sorry :)