more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Fibaro Dimmer FGD-212  (Read 1938 times)

February 07, 2016, 11:10:38 AM
Read 1938 times

pim555

• Information
Hi

I recently purchased an installed a latest Fibaro Dimmer 2 module (FGD-212). Although I am able to include and exclude the device from my network (RPI +  Razberry 2.0), I continuously get timeouts when trying to read manufacturer specific information.

I have other Z-wave devices that act ok so I suspect that this is because this latest device has so many supported device classes that it takes longer to send across the data. Also, the device is located a bit further away from my controller.

I have attached a complete log for information (device is first at node id 11 and then excluded and included under 12). Any ideas as to what I can try to solve this problem?

Cheers
Pim

February 07, 2016, 06:17:59 PM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
You got timeout error on nodes 6, 11 and 12.

That Nodes are always in used ?. If not stop HG, destroy the file ZWaveNode.xml and start HG. It will make a new discovery at startup. If it found some nodes again that you don't use, it is because you forgot to remove some One from your ZWave Key, before to perform a new association.
In that case, and if you don't want to see taht dead Nodes, you have to reset your key, but before you must exclude all your remaining nodes from you key or reset them. For that look at the technical sheet of each module .

I saw an error on Node 0 ??? Normally that is not possible in ZWave.
The key has Node number 1. The first associated module will start in 2.

Cheers
Dani

February 07, 2016, 11:12:33 PM
Reply #2

pim555

• Information
Hi Dani,

Node 6 is a battery powered sensor, I believe that is why it times out.
Node 11 was the Fibaro dimmer before I excluded.
Node 12 is the Fibaro dimmer right now.

As far as I know I have no dead modules at this moment.

The node 0 error is something I saw before. Can that be because of the Razberry module (iso using a USB stick)?

Cheers
Pim

March 28, 2016, 06:25:24 PM
Reply #3

uipipipe

• Information
Hi pim555,

I have exactly the same problem with the Fibaro Dimmer FGD-212 with a Razzberry controller: Permanent timeouts.
I can control the dimming lights via the switch but not with HG (via z-wave).

My HomeGenie System has several others Fibaro controllers (10x Shutters and 7x motion sensors) that work like a charm.

Any evolution with you ?
Is it possible to be a FGD-212 malfunction ?

Tx

March 28, 2016, 10:38:12 PM
Reply #4

pim555

• Information
Don't believe it is a faulty Fibaro dimmer. Probably incorrect zwave implementation in HG. Have had this with other devices that work ok with commercial software but give timeouts in HG.

Pim.

January 04, 2017, 09:27:51 PM
Reply #5

pim555

• Information
Tried to get this working again but no luck. I am able to include/exclude the dimmer but reading the configuration info times out.

Is there anyone who has this dimmer working with Homegenie?

If not, any directions of how to debug this?

Ps reason I am asking is that for the rest HG just works fine and I can do everything I want. I just need to replace a few faulty X10 dimmers with Z-wave and need this dimmer to work before I can continue.

January 29, 2017, 04:48:09 PM
Reply #6

junior

• Information
Hi,

Also have this problem. Any progress? Or any ideas where to start trouble shooting?

//J

February 02, 2017, 10:21:22 PM
Reply #7

pim555

• Information
Have started looking into the z-wave library but making slow progress understanding the code due to limited time and lack of C#knowledge. Good thing is that all Z-wave specs are now public...

February 03, 2017, 01:25:27 PM
Reply #8

Bounz

• Information
Wow! Very good news, that Z-Wave specs are now open to developers!

February 04, 2017, 08:21:00 AM
Reply #9

Bounz

• Information
Also about the topic starter's question.

A couple of years ago I bought 3 Fibaro Dimmers FGD-211, and one of them has a problem like yours, it worked for a couple of hours and then didn't respond to z-wave commands. Seller replaces the broken item and everything works nice.

But this is FGD-211. I suggest you to try to find another FGD-212 that definitely works and then check it with HG.