more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Assign X10 address to a macro  (Read 1218 times)

October 02, 2015, 05:21:33 PM
Read 1218 times

brumster

• Information
Hi all, hopefully I've not missed something obvious! I simply can;t see how to do this so I'm looking for confirmation that it's not possible or that I'm an idiot!

I've previously used Active Home Pro with a Marmitek CM15 Pro. I'm also using a Logitech Harmony and an infra red X10 receiver. This allowed me to turn lights on and off using the remote. To give me a little more flexibility I had a macro setup within AHP that enabled me to turn 2 of 3 lights on, this was accomplished by assigning the macro an X10 address. To summarise I could turn two lights with different x10 addresses on by calling a macro with a third x10 address that was assigned to a single button on my remote.

The question is as follows. Is there anyway to duplicate the AHP macro function with HG? Can I create a macro and assign it an X10 address? I'm guessing not because the macro lived on the CM15!

Thanks all.

October 02, 2015, 05:29:27 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
HG can't do this by default, but it can be done easily.  You need to write a script to check for the incoming X10 action (e.g., A1 ON) and then perform an action (e.g., B1 ON).  You have different methods that you could use to incorporate this, but if it's as simple as my example then a wizard script is probably best.  Simply specify the trigger event and the action when that event occurs.  Make sure the script is enabled and you are good to go.  If you want to do more complex actions requiring logic (e.g., if A1 ON and night turn B1 ON), then you will probably want to use one of the programming languages (C#, JS, etc).

October 04, 2015, 08:38:49 AM
Reply #2

brumster

• Information
Thanks for that. I'll have a look and update the post. Appreciate your time.

Paul

October 04, 2015, 10:09:33 AM
Reply #3

brumster

• Information
works a treat!

Means I can route everything through HG so that all light status is in sync.

Help appreciated!