more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Amazon Echo / Alexa  (Read 7358 times)

July 17, 2016, 09:08:01 AM
Reply #15

chandan

• Information
Likewise. ha-bridge with Echo came up effortlessly. Thanks.

July 22, 2016, 12:52:28 PM
Reply #16

Bitcraze

• Information
Hi, all

Same here: Using ha-bridge with Echo. Works great!

October 07, 2016, 12:27:44 PM
Reply #17

[email protected]

• Information
To add a bit more to this I have taken the port of the C# HA bridge for the echo and converted it to work with homegenie..

It does away with deviceconfg.txt and dynamically gets the modules from the homegenie API..

it's currently a console app with some very crude code whilst I got it working, next step is to port to an interface and see if I can also lower the target framework version.

Its currently located here: https://github.com/davidwallis3101/HomegenieEchoBridge

Hopefully I'll be allowed on the computer this weekend and able to do a little more.

Cheers

David

October 11, 2016, 10:10:47 AM
Reply #18

[email protected]

• Information
Got this working as an interface yesterday. One limitation is that you need to disable UPNP currently as the existing service grabs port 1900..so the SSDP service can't bind to the port.

I did try adding another interface eth0:1 however the service seems to bind to all IP's so that was a no go..

You only need SSDP running to discover devices, so it might be possible to make it configurable so you can manually start ssdp whilst you discover, or make it stop once discovery is complete - at the moment I don't need UPNP on my homegenie box so I disabled it.

I cocked up the code on github when I was refactoring it, so I will re-push the working repo from home later and publish the .zip to the app contributions repo.

Cheers

David

October 12, 2016, 01:41:42 PM
Reply #19

KaZe

• Information
Got this working as an interface yesterday. One limitation is that you need to disable UPNP currently as the existing service grabs port 1900..so the SSDP service can't bind to the port.

I did try adding another interface eth0:1 however the service seems to bind to all IP's so that was a no go..

You only need SSDP running to discover devices, so it might be possible to make it configurable so you can manually start ssdp whilst you discover, or make it stop once discovery is complete - at the moment I don't need UPNP on my homegenie box so I disabled it.

I cocked up the code on github when I was refactoring it, so I will re-push the working repo from home later and publish the .zip to the app contributions repo.

Cheers

David

Thanks for your work!
I preorder The amazon Echo Dot 2nd gen yesterday. If I get, I will try!

October 12, 2016, 04:11:26 PM
Reply #20

mvdarend

• Information
Damn... now I want one too, but they don't ship the Echo to the Netherlands :(

October 12, 2016, 05:01:21 PM
Reply #21

Bitcraze

• Information
Hi, mvdarend

If you really want to buy an Echo delivered to the Netherlands:

1) Create a free 3rd party delivery box at ShipTo, or Viabox, or USABox. I read some dodgy remarks about Viabox, but I used them and received my Amazon Echo in South Africa.
2) Create a free Amazon account, with the above address
3) Not sure, but Amazon had a free Amazon Prime trial for a Month. This gives you free delivery from Amazon to your American box address. You can cancel you Prime thereafter.

Note: The 2nd Gen Echo Dot is half price currently!

October 13, 2016, 11:31:20 AM
Reply #22

[email protected]

• Information

October 13, 2016, 11:39:20 AM
Reply #23

mvdarend

• Information
If you really want to buy an Echo delivered to the Netherlands:
Thanks Bitcraze, I've always been wary of those 3rd party delivery guys. I'm thinking of getting one via Ebay, there's a few UK sellers shipping them to the mainland. But, I'm also curious as to how good the new Google Home will be...