more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How do import a configuration?  (Read 1928 times)

December 31, 2015, 09:42:01 AM
Read 1928 times

DesktopMasters

• Information
I am trying to configure a widget with this...
http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/261

I downloaded the XML but when I import it on the Widgets page nothing happens.
Is there documentation that explains how this is done?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:52:15 AM by DesktopMasters »
~ Merlin

December 31, 2015, 10:27:23 AM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Please read a little in the forum and on HomeGenie site on how to use Homegenie.
The database pepper1db is only for know the caracteristiques of the node. not for create Widget.
For use HomeGenie, you have to make some understanding by yourself.

December 31, 2015, 10:46:30 AM
Reply #2

DesktopMasters

• Information
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.

I spent a good 2 hours looking through this forum and google.  But it is like looking for needles.

The initial walk through attempts to make it appear simpler then it is.  And that is all fine.. but I would love some clear documentation somewhere so I do not have to go hunting for basic  answers.

Why is there an Import button?
It says here I can import them..
http://www.homegenie.it/docs/automation_widgets.php
But then it is not linked to the place that explains HOW or what the limitations are.
For example I have that switch I need to program.  But there is no explanation I can find that explains how to associate it to network devices much less add it at as widget.  None of the existing generic configurations seem to apply to a switch.

~ Merlin

December 31, 2015, 03:11:33 PM
Reply #3

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Default widget are in place create by Homegenie.
Normally, every module are recognise automatically if the Manufacturer specific is in the pepper1db.
The json file used by Gene is not exactly the same as xml file of pepper1db. Yesterday evening he adds a lot of modules in the HomeGenie SRC base. But they are not in the last Homegenie Update (R508a).

I suppose you use ZWave module.
In that case, you need only to add module in one Configuration Group and when access to setup if the kind of module is not correct you change it.

December 31, 2015, 05:24:51 PM
Reply #4

kevin1

• Information
do you have experience with zwave outside of HomeGenie?  that will help us understand your troubles.
I have used HomeGenie for a year but new to zwave past few weeks. I'll try to summarize...
1-you need to put the device in inclusion and include with HG or the device itself (I typically use the z-stick inclusion)
2-use the HG configure,setup, zwave,discover. sometimes this takes a minute to find devices. once done, HG is aware of the device
3-use HG config,group,dashboard. this is where you add/place widgets for the devices HG is aware of.  on bottom action button, add module, scroll list to zwave.  here you should see your device, add it.
4-setup, query the device and it should find your device if it's in pepper and its awake. I haven't figured out details on setup and zwave parameters yet.
5-home.  now you should have a widget on the dashboard for your device

January 01, 2016, 09:49:58 AM
Reply #5

DesktopMasters

• Information
Thank you guys for taking the time to respond.  I *really* appreciate it.
I really like HomeGenie and look forward to getting it all working.

I have been messing with Z-Wave for a few weeks.  I am a pretty quick study.  I understand most of how it all fits together.

I tried adding a few modules the way kevin1 described.  (This is not working for me.  Possible a bug? or just because they are not identified)  It shows them in the group editor but with the "?" icon, I suppose because they are unidentified,  and when I switch to the live group from the home menu I do not see the devices there.  Despite refreshing the browser.  ON the left it shows the number of devices but when I select the group it is blank.  The only one that shows up is the Sensor as that *is* in the database.  Although I see no indication from the interface what it was identified as except that the icon is not a "?".

Programming the devices is a lot more basic than my other interface in that I have to look up the node ID but that seems to work.  I was able to associate the wall switch from the HG GUI.  (:  What is the VM Setting I keep seeing?

I had some other issues with the generic stuff but I think trying to import the database broke it so I re-installed and that fixed those issues.

Here is where I am at with my devices...
I have the following devices (Notes below them)...

Fibaro Z-Wave Motion Sensor - FGMS-001
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01615SUBI/?tag=desktopmasters-20
Found in the DB here: http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/673
How can I confirm that this device info was pulled from the DB by HG?

GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Lamp Module with Dimmer Control - 12718
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PYMM7E6/?tag=desktopmasters-20
(I have a bunch of these.  They show up in the database but a slightly different model the DB has the version as 3.0c and this is a 3.0e so I presume it is not recognized but I figure if I hard code it to the 3.0c it will be fine.  I just do not know how to do that can I edit the conf file?)

Anyplace RF battery operated switch - RF9575
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0138YZ73Y/?tag=desktopmasters-20
(This bad boy locks up as soon as I start the HomeGenie Service)

Cooper Wiring Devices Aspire RF Battery Operated Switch/Dimmer - RF9500AW
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I7YSVI/
(Not in the DB, works much better then the above one as it does not lock up.  Even though it is almost the exact same thing)

GoControl Z-Wave Dimmable LED Light Bulb - LB60Z-1
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PJH16UC/?tag=desktopmasters-20
(Could not find in the DB)

Z-Wave Aeotec Mini Remote
This seems to be in the DB but I cannot figure out where it is.  My house ate it.  So I have not had a chance to play with it with HG.

In all of the above if there is documentation to explain some of this that I am missing I would love to be pointed to it.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:20:29 AM by DesktopMasters »
~ Merlin

January 01, 2016, 10:50:38 AM
Reply #6

DesktopMasters

• Information
Actually when I install homegenie-beta_1.1.r500_all.deb the generic switch and dimmer templates work.  But when I install homegenie-beta_1.1.r508_all.deb they break.  I cannot apply them I get an error.  So there is a bug in the current version. 
~ Merlin

January 01, 2016, 07:49:12 PM
Reply #7

kevin1

• Information
HG seems to be having some issues in recent versions. 505 is what I have been using past week but even back to 493 is better I think

January 02, 2016, 09:22:42 AM
Reply #8

DesktopMasters

• Information
As it stands I have not been able to import an .xml file with any success.  I import it but then nothing happens AT ALL.  And I have no clue how to assign it to the product.  Are you suggesting that you were successfully able to import and assign a widget on version 493?
~ Merlin

January 02, 2016, 01:13:51 PM
Reply #9

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
What is the content of the xml file ? As I told before pepper1db files are not compatible directly with HG. And the widget is not based on that kind of files. Those pepper1db files are descriptors of technical sheet of each constructor module.
The Widget files are html and javascript files used by HG to control and represent the modules
They are common to all class of equipment (Switch, Light, Dimmer, Thermostat ...). With HG you can with the widget editor change the aspect add data, cretae a new one, but it is not connect to the pepper1db, those json files are used only in the setup screen of the modules.