more G-Labs products

Poll

If the First Alert Z-Wave smoke alarm was supported by HG, would you buy one for $30?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
I prefer the other models that cost $50+ because they already work with HG.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: December 16, 2014, 06:23:31 AM

Author Topic: Need to get First Alert Smoke Detector working  (Read 4460 times)

January 14, 2016, 10:53:59 PM
Reply #15

kevin1

• Information
I tried the car exhaust idea just now on my two First Alert zwave alarms.  The first didnt alarm at all near the tail pipe and then I noticed I mistakenly bought a smoke alarm only :(  I grabbed the other I had bought which definitely was CO and smoke.  It did alarm, but for smoke according to the LED on it.  Tried again little bit later and no alarm.

Nothing happened in HG either time :-(  Nothing on the widget, nothing in the event log for node 9 or 14.

January 18, 2016, 12:58:45 AM
Reply #16

kevin1

• Information

I exchanged my zsmoke for another zcombo and then found this on FirstAlert website...

[color=rgb(181, 18, 27) !important]Can I test my carbon monoxide alarm in any other way besides pressing the test button?[/color]

Pressing the test/silence button is the only proper way to test the CO alarm. NEVER use vehicle exhaust or some other source of combustion fumes. Exhaust causes permanent damage and voids your warranty
[/size]
[/font]

January 18, 2016, 03:01:34 AM
Reply #17

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
<sarcasm> Well duh.  You don't want to put carbon monoxide in a carbon monoxide detector as that will cause it to do its job.  Pffft.  Everyone knows that!  </sarcasm>