more G-Labs products

Author Topic: popup keypad  (Read 1135 times)

January 14, 2015, 02:45:56 PM
Read 1135 times

mchias13

• Information
I just started using HomeGenie and really love it.  Only have one outlet so far.  Was thinking about possibly using my PC as a home alarm system.  One thing that I feel would help out is the ability to have a popup keypad show up when the alarm is armed/disarmed. 

To me, it would be a hassle to type in the HomeGenie password every time I open the app to control a device around the house.  The alarm could work like a normal home security system where you have to enter a code to change it's state. 

I can read C# code but don't have much experience programming it.  I can help develop this feature with some guidance.

January 14, 2015, 10:18:28 PM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
My HG password is store in my apps (on android or on windows phone).
The HG password is important for 2 reasons :
  • Protect domotic : the view of HG system (not only the alarm part) from the network (local and internet)
  • Protect alarm : Be sure that not every one on the network cannot arm and disarm

• Do you want no password for the domotic ? and a password on arm/disarm only ?
  • Do you want password for the domotic ? and a password on arm/disarm only ?

Bye

January 15, 2015, 02:30:45 PM
Reply #2

mchias13

• Information
an independent password for the alarm, so someone can have a password or not for the main app.

I guess this could also be handled if multiple accounts are possible.  Have seen that request but didn't know if was implemented.

Multiple accounts could lend to what I'd like as well.  Have one account for alarm and one account for other controls.  I would just like to be sure no one gets into my alarm to disable it.  I care less if someone turns a light on or off.