more G-Labs products

Author Topic: 4 year old Windows vs Banana Pi ZWave  (Read 1227 times)

December 07, 2014, 11:25:40 PM
Read 1227 times

Jaxsurf

• Information
Ok, so I have a Windows setup and Banana Pi setup. Different code on each.
I prefer to continue on the Banana Pi, but really like what Nico is doing with the Windows UI.

Also for Zwave products they must be on Pepper1 list to work. My HSM02 Door/Window Detector is not on that list from Everspring and does not show up in Zwave modules. My Siren does. It is discovered however.

December 08, 2014, 05:14:40 AM
Reply #1

RoChess

• Information
Also for Zwave products they must be on Pepper1 list to work.

Z-Wave modules usually require (not always) additional Z-Wave variable IDs to be configured before they work as expected. The Pepper1 database provides HomeGenie with an easy way to know all those variables for the many modules available. However nothing stops you from configuring these IDs yourself. The key is knowing what you need to configure, but proper Z-Wave manuals will come with all the technical info on how to do that. If not then usually a Google search will help you find what you are after, even if the answer is at some other Z-Wave controller forum.

If you have many alike modules that you need to add, and configuring each module becomes tiresome, then you can modify the JSON files that HomeGenie uses to manually add one that PepperOne doesn't support yet.

December 10, 2014, 03:42:31 PM
Reply #2

Jaxsurf

• Information
Thanks!  I think I'll just stick to the database. Easier for newbie.