more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Stopping the Fibaro Roller Shutter 2  (Read 2070 times)

April 29, 2014, 08:48:15 PM
Read 2070 times

mvdarend

• Information
Another question from me, I've setup the Fibaro Roller Shutter successfully and everything works fine with my Awning from the HomeGenie web interface.

Close, Open and selecting a percentage to open work fine, the only thing I'm missing is a Stop or Pause command as I would like to control the shutter with a Z-Wave toggle switch. Basically I want to be able to stop the shutter at any point while it is opening.

After clicking the button for Command Shutter ON the shutter opens, to stop it I have tried the following:

- Sending Command Shutter ON again - sunscreen keeps opening.
- Sending Command Shutter OFF - sunscreen closes.
- Sending Command Shutter TOGGLE - sunscreen closes.

Does anyone know how to send a stop command to the shutter? When connected to a physical switch with S1 and S2 the shutter stops as soon as a new command is sent, so it must be possible somehow.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:11:33 AM by mvdarend »

May 01, 2014, 07:21:58 AM
Reply #1

mvdarend

• Information
I've come up with two possible solutions, but I don't know how to implement them  :o

• Controlling the Roller Shutter directly with the Switch via Associations. Is it as simple as just adding the ControllerId given in HomeGenie to the 'Add or remove a node in this group'?

• Adding the new command in the source. I've manage to add a Stop/Pause button in the interface (shutter.html) and added an event handler in shutter.json. But I can't find the command I need to send to the shutter, does anyone know where this information is available? I've looked on the Pepper-one website but I'm a little lost...
Thanks in advance for any help

May 10, 2014, 05:42:22 PM
Reply #2

beller

• Information
i think that you can work around this problem of the stop function by read the "DIMMING" position (% of opened shutter) and send a command at the same position... so the shutter return in that position and stop

bell

May 11, 2014, 08:45:56 PM
Reply #3

mvdarend

• Information
Thanks Beller, I'll give that a try as soon as the weather gets better here.

We've had really bad weather here for the last week (windy and rainy) and it looks like it will be staying that way for a while :( I don't want to test the awning in this weather...

May 23, 2014, 01:54:54 PM
Reply #4

mvdarend

• Information
I gave your idea a try, but as soon as I gave the 'Open' command, a query the DIMMING position gave me 1.0, and after sending the 'Close' command it returned 0.0 even while it was still moving. Using the slider would return the given value even while it was still moving.

I ended up setting up an association between the switch and the roller shutter and it works fine. (and yes, it was as simple as adding the Id of the roller shutter to the switch :))