more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Windows Phone App beta  (Read 36146 times)

January 24, 2015, 02:06:30 PM
Reply #30

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
- what is the ip address you enter in the app?
- are you sure that the user and password are correct?

you're the only one reporting this so I'm not sure if the problem is in code
I do some other test :
  • HG with 5 digit port without password = ok
  • HG with 5 digit port with password = ko
And the Username and Password are set on the app in this 2 cases. So it seems that this 2 parameters aren't use ...

January 24, 2015, 06:20:43 PM
Reply #31

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
- what is the ip address you enter in the app?
- are you sure that the user and password are correct?

you're the only one reporting this so I'm not sure if the problem is in code
I do some other test :
  • HG with 5 digit port without password = ok
  • HG with 5 digit port with password = ko
And the Username and Password are set on the app in this 2 cases. So it seems that this 2 parameters aren't use ...

hmm ok, thx for testing. I'll try some stuff out with username / password

January 27, 2015, 03:43:55 PM
Reply #32

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
just a quick heads up on what I'm working on,

I'm currently implementing notifications (bit of work, changed a lot from WP8.0) once that's done, I'll have a look at the username / password problem reported here. If I get that fixed I'll release a new update.

in the meantime, does anyone have a module that is not supported by the app or that is missing features? I only have a multisensor, switch and dimmer to test with at the moment, so feedback on other modules is well appreciated :)

January 28, 2015, 12:20:18 AM
Reply #33

Wibo

• Information
Hi Nico,

I'm using a hgx that's written to be in the automation/RaspberryPi.
I use it to test the mqtt communication.
It's totally hardware independent.
It can generate events for 1-4 generic "Sensor.Temperature"

This hgx will give you a lot of trouble if you enable MQTT, if you don't it works.

Regards,
Wibo.

January 31, 2015, 10:41:33 AM
Reply #34

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
submitted a new version to the store that should fix the login problem, still working on notifications.

also: everyone who send me their MS account since the last version is now included as beta tester and should have received an email from me with the app link.

new version should be live in a few hours

February 01, 2015, 11:04:11 AM
Reply #35

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
Gene, quick question concerning push notifications: looks like the universal apps don't support the old MPNS way of sending push notifications (the ones used in HomeGenie). any chance that you could update the push notification system to using WNS?

question to everyone else: what functionality would you like to see enabled through Cortana? (and what command would you like to be able to say)

February 01, 2015, 12:37:33 PM
Reply #36

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Nico,

it's long since I am not looking at WP development, so also dunno what WNS is about  ;D I should have to study. So if you already know the topic, you might be faster in implementing it.
Just one suggestion about using voice recognition in HG client: take a look at how the android app implement the recognition

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie-Android/blob/master/HomeGenieAndroid/HomeGenie/src/com/glabs/homegenie/util/VoiceControl.java

Cheers,
g.

February 01, 2015, 01:22:37 PM
Reply #37

mvdarend

• Information
Got the update early this morning, looking really good, thanks for all the effort Nico.

A couple of things I've noticed:

- I need to manually reconnect every time the App starts. (if it is no longer running in the background.)
- Color picker for the lights is nice. I'd prefer it if you could just pick the color without having to confirm it with the 'OK' (tick) icon. Actually, it would be even better if you didn't have to click on the 'Select color' button, but to have the color picker directly available.

Not sure about Cortana support, I like the idea of using voice commands, but it's still something I hardly ever use...

February 01, 2015, 01:50:21 PM
Reply #38

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
Hi Nico,

it's long since I am not looking at WP development, so also dunno what WNS is about  ;D I should have to study. So if you already know the topic, you might be faster in implementing it.
Just one suggestion about using voice recognition in HG client: take a look at how the android app implement the recognition

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie-Android/blob/master/HomeGenieAndroid/HomeGenie/src/com/glabs/homegenie/util/VoiceControl.java

Cheers,
g.
well, wns is push notifications, server side. if you can tell me where to look in HG for the push stuff, I could have a look

February 01, 2015, 01:52:40 PM
Reply #39

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
Got the update early this morning, looking really good, thanks for all the effort Nico.

A couple of things I've noticed:

- I need to manually reconnect every time the App starts. (if it is no longer running in the background.)
- Color picker for the lights is nice. I'd prefer it if you could just pick the color without having to confirm it with the 'OK' (tick) icon. Actually, it would be even better if you didn't have to click on the 'Select color' button, but to have the color picker directly available.

Not sure about Cortana support, I like the idea of using voice commands, but it's still something I hardly ever use...

good feedback, I'll see what I can do :)

as for the reconnecting, are you using default username, password and port or is something custom in your setup?

the app navigates to the connectionpage if contacting the server fails. my first guess would be that one of those custom settings is not saved or loaded correctly and that's why the connection fails

February 01, 2015, 03:31:33 PM
Reply #40

mvdarend

• Information
as for the reconnecting, are you using default username, password and port or is something custom in your setup?
Yes, default username, password and port. (IP address is 192.168.0.30)

Attached you can see what the HomeGenie App looks like when I open it, (Left the Home screen, right when opening a group)

After clicking Settings -> Save I see what I expect, see second Image.

February 01, 2015, 04:55:48 PM
Reply #41

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
have you tried just restarting the app? I've encountered the same issue in the emulator before, not yet on my actual device so I'm a bit in the dark here.

what device are you using?

February 01, 2015, 05:28:29 PM
Reply #42

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
the notification push is implemented as an automation program. You find it in Automation->Messaging and Social as "Windows Phone Push Notification Service".

g.

February 01, 2015, 05:53:48 PM
Reply #43

mvdarend

• Information
have you tried just restarting the app? I've encountered the same issue in the emulator before, not yet on my actual device so I'm a bit in the dark here.

what device are you using?
I hadn't tried it before, just tried the following:

- Open App - no info - close app with back button - open again - still no info
 - Open App - no info - closed app bij pressing Windows button - open again - still no info
 - Open App - long hold back button - kill app - open again - no info
 - Open App - no info - open group and press refresh button - back - still no info

All steps repeated a few times on a Lumia 1520. The only thing that seems to help is clicking options -> save

February 01, 2015, 07:16:29 PM
Reply #44

enterprised

• Information
  • Things are only impossible until they are not
I have exact the same issue as mvdarend, It is 100% repeatable as he described.
I'm using it on a HTC One M8. Tried it both on LAN and WAN, did not make a difference.
4a 75 73 74 20 61 20 70 65 72 73 6f 6e 20 68 61 76 69 6e 67 20 66 75 6e 20 77 69 74 68 20 68 6f 6d 65 20 61 75 74 6f 6d 61 74 69 6f 6e
enterprised == guytpetj