more G-Labs products

Author Topic: ZWave for 2nd location?  (Read 1902 times)

August 06, 2014, 11:33:11 PM
Read 1902 times

Etienne

• Information
So ... I've been using HG on a pi with the x10 cm15pro for a while now ... overall happy but i do miss feedback, and sometimes a couple of x10 switches just won't respond ... till they just do!

Anyway, i might be in a position to install a new automation system in a 2nd location, and was thinking of zwave ... wanted to get a feel for what you guys think.

Was thinking of another pi, with Aeon USB Series 2 Adapter or Razberry (which is most hassle free with hg?). If i go down this route, should i have a more reliable solution compared to x10? And will hg know if i manually switch on/off a zwave device?

Cheers!

August 11, 2014, 02:09:17 PM
Reply #1

Etienne

• Information
so no comments  :(

August 11, 2014, 03:20:32 PM
Reply #2

ado464

• Information
I have been running Z-Wave devices for a long while now, i can recommend the Aeon Stick 2, it has caused me zero problems. And yes the z-wave will report back when you manually turn the switches on or off :)

August 11, 2014, 05:12:00 PM
Reply #3

Etienne

• Information
Thank you for the info  :)

August 19, 2014, 05:01:51 PM
Reply #4

Etienne

• Information
Hi ... I purchased a Z Wave Aeon USB Series 2 Adapter and a Z Wave Appliance plug by TKBHome TZ68E for testing.

I successfully got them working on HG ... but when I toggle the switch directly from the appliance plug, HG doesn't reflect the status change.

I also played around with HG and enabled polling on both the individual module config and from the automation menu ... it should check for status change every 15s - but still no joy.

Am I missing anything?