more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 - anyone have it fully working?  (Read 2080 times)

November 28, 2015, 05:12:36 PM
Read 2080 times

c128

• Information
Hi,

Looked at a couple of threads relating to Multisensors, but nothing seems to solve my issues...

I'm running an Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen 5 on a Banana Pi running Debian Jessie, and my new Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 is fully working with the latest, Beta, Domoticz with this setup.  However, I'd rather be using Homegenie  ;) .

Using Homegenie 1.1:

• ttyACM1 isn't recognised as a device to select for the Z-Stick.  This is fixed by calling the API, but the device drop-down remains empty.  Not a big deal though - don't know if it's a Banana Pi vs. Raspberry Pi thing?
  • The motion sensor doesn't appear as part of the various sensors, although everything else turns up and seems to work correctly, including the tamper sensor.
  • Attempts at trying to get and set the variables for the multisensor in the setup pages, including getting the manufacturer specifc settings, always hangs at querying i.e. I can't get or set anything there and see the results

Temperature, Humidity, Lux etc. also seem to work fine (after addressing item 1).

Any advice on how to dig into this, or anyone with a fully working setup using a Multisensor 6 that can advise?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:18:26 PM by c128 »

November 28, 2015, 05:48:27 PM
Reply #1

pim555

• Information
I have the aeon labs sensor gen 5 (prev generation) and what I noticed is that when operating this device on battery power, it looks like going back to sleep after reading or writing one or two parameters, ie very quickly.

What works for me is to press the button on the device for 3 sec. I then see a notification in HG and can read or write 1-2 parameters. When setting the next parameter I follow the same sequence of waking up and reading/writing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Pim

November 28, 2015, 06:55:22 PM
Reply #2

c128

• Information
Thanks Pim.

When I was originally setting this up I had it connected with USB power, so I guess wake/sleep wouldn't be an issue?  I wasn't too sure at the time, so did try waking/querying then - didn't seem to help  :( .  Just recently I've switched to batteries anyway though, and haven't yet tried it again with HomeGenie as only Domoticz was picking up all of the sensors.  I'll give it another go as you suggest though :) .

Do you have the motion sensor working on yours?
If so, did you have to do anything special to get it working?

November 28, 2015, 07:11:38 PM
Reply #3

pim555

• Information
Motion sensor is switched off by default on Gen 5. I had to set variable 4 to 1 if I remember correctly.

Regards
Pim

December 04, 2015, 11:39:00 PM
Reply #4

c128

• Information
So - I went back to HomeGenie, but upgraded first to the latest version - 1.1 beta r505 .

(1) and (2), in my original post, don't seem to be an issue any longer.

There's configuration for a custom port, so I used that, and all of the sensors were picked up correctly right from the start (well, when they had all reported in).

Haven't tried (3) again yet - had no need as it's all working :)

December 06, 2015, 08:31:36 PM
Reply #5

Zen

• Information
I'm using 2 Aeon Multisensor 6 devices. I was able to configure 1st sensor in HomeGenie v505 but the second one is continuously timing out. After 2nd sensor started to give errors I went back to the first and it was timing out as well. Even basic commands like battery status stopped working. I reviewed the log and I guess it happens when HomeGenie gets one timeout response then it flags the sensor as "sleeping" and doesn't try again to communicate with it. My sensors are plugged in to USB and don't sleep (always reachable). The log is attached. Aeon sensors are ZWave 29,30,31,32 (I tried few times to remove them from ZWave network to fix timeout errors.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:48:57 PM by Zen »