more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Zwave slow response time  (Read 998 times)

February 06, 2016, 09:35:43 PM
Read 998 times

kevin1

• Information
So I have about 12 zwave devices now and I am getting really slow response time to turn a light on. I hit the button hg, it shows in my hg summary widget as being on, but the light downt turn on for 5 to 30 seconds. I did the settings zwave heal and this has not helped. During the heal it looked like most of the always on devices could see most of the other devices, so I don't think there are any range issues.

I should note that this is intermittent.  After several tries of long delays it seems to respond mroe quickly for a while.  Some time later (next day?), then it takes a long time to respond. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:39:08 PM by kevin1 »

February 10, 2016, 01:34:32 PM
Reply #1

kevin1

• Information
Still having this problem :-(  Sometimes it works great, quick response.  Other times it can take 30 seconds to turn on light switch via HG.  I have seen a timeout popup  in HG a couple times during these delays.  I still have r505 as it has been working okay otherwise; maybe time to try updating again.

Or would starting over with zwave devices help?  I wonder if one of my nodes that sleeps is routing to all the other nodes (doesn't appear so from the heal network mentioned earlier)?  In the zwave settings there is hard reset button which says it will delete all the nodes... will this exclude them from my zstick controller as well?  If not is there an orderly way to do this so when I add them back I don't have  a bunch of "phantom devices" or nodes I can't delete (already have a couple of those now)?  Example, exclude all devices first with zstick, then delete widgets, then hit hard reset???

Thanks!

February 10, 2016, 09:53:14 PM
Reply #2

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Still having this problem :-(  Sometimes it works great, quick response.  Other times it can take 30 seconds to turn on light switch via HG.  I have seen a timeout popup  in HG a couple times during these delays.  I still have r505 as it has been working okay otherwise; maybe time to try updating again.
A little bit weird ... But sometimes, i have some trouble with my zwave network too .... :/
Or would starting over with zwave devices help?  I wonder if one of my nodes that sleeps is routing to all the other nodes (doesn't appear so from the heal network mentioned earlier)?  In the zwave settings there is hard reset button which says it will delete all the nodes... will this exclude them from my zstick controller as well?  If not is there an orderly way to do this so when I add them back I don't have  a bunch of "phantom devices" or nodes I can't delete (already have a couple of those now)?  Example, exclude all devices first with zstick, then delete widgets, then hit hard reset???
Reset in HomeGenie configuration will suppress all the registered device from your stcik, but the device will be still registered to the "dead" zstick ...
So to reset zstick, you need before so delete one by one all the device from the stick (except dead one ;)).