more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HG webpage not loading fully  (Read 1792 times)

March 15, 2016, 12:35:06 PM
Read 1792 times

kevin1

• Information
Reference attached screenshot from chrome browser on win7.  This has happened to me occasionally and I thought I had narrowed it down to times when HG was not running well &/or CPU overloaded.  In the last couple weeks this happens all the time at my work computer but not others (on the HG server laptop ok, ipad ok, android cellphone ok).  So I am wondering if the corporate firewall is doing this somehow?  I tried firefox and it instead shows a message in the browser that appears to be from firewall...

Bad Response
The proxy did not receive a valid response in time.

March 15, 2016, 03:48:02 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I've never seen that with my HG.  I'm running on RPi, but probably wouldn't be a good example as I rarely log in from the office.  I usually use the Android app or log in from my LAN.

March 15, 2016, 10:11:55 PM
Reply #2

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
I usually saw this page before HomeGenie when HG run on raspberry pi 1, but i don't see now since i swap to raspberry pi 2 :).
So it's could be slow or problem on HG ... It's probably a page in cash or the first page load ...

But in your case, i suppose your home internet connection is too slow (upload usually on adsl), so if you wait Hg will probably show up :)
Bye

March 16, 2016, 02:38:07 PM
Reply #3

kevin1

• Information
Thanks for the feedback.  I don't think it is home internet, it seems to load up ok on my mobile phone.  Also have let browser tab sit for an hour and never got the full HG webpage.

March 16, 2016, 04:33:20 PM
Reply #4

petediscrete

• Information
It appears to be some form lag from the time you request the page to the time it loads. Try resetting your router. The router cache may be cluttered. Usually happens if you do a lot of video streaming or you use P2P software. The reset should sort it. As I stated in a previous post if you want to avoid any odd behaviour with HG I'd revert to rc4.12 until Gene irons out the problems.

May 13, 2016, 10:07:21 PM
Reply #5

garrettb

• Information
Had the same problem with mine just now running r516, I've had the same problem in the past too. Clearing my browser's cache seemed to do the trick.

June 16, 2016, 08:18:04 AM
Reply #6

divanshu6467

• Information
it is problem with chrome.try to open in another browser such as microsoft edge

June 17, 2016, 01:07:30 PM
Reply #7

petediscrete

• Information
Happens on Windows 7 quite a bit. Usually down to a timeout request with the browser possibly caused by other applications hogging resources or router cache being full. Doesn't happen on the RPI but that's probably down to the fact that it's used solely for HG.

June 17, 2016, 09:02:08 PM
Reply #8

Devrope

• Information
    • Devrope
it is problem with chrome.try to open in another browser such as microsoft edge

Not just Chrome, not working 100% in any browser (at least in Windows 10).